Bloated billing practices for profit

It use to be Hospitals were non profit. Now they come after you without telling you prices before the services. They inflate their billing for profit. Its a shame and in most cases its illegal now. After the fact, they didnt give you an opportunity to know the charges.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else where the bottom line doesn’t drive healthcare.

ID
Raeford, North Carolina
Cons
  • Violating the fcra
  • Illegal collection reporting
  • Billing
Loss
Preferred solution
I’m suing them and have retained counsel. What they are doing is illegal and violates the FCRA.

Terible Service, Terrible Communication, They said they do NOT control their Doctors!

I have been going to First Health of the Carolinas for 3 years now and the service has gotten worse not better! I refuse to go there, and would rather drive to Cape Fear Valley for better care! I went to the Emergency room at First Health in Raeford NC February after my father past away with severe stomach pains, and was told I had *** in my stomach. I was sent in an Ambulance an hour away to First Health in Pinehurst for Emergency Surgery. They did nothing but charge me almost 3,000.00 after 5 days I signed myself out and drove to UNC who had me on an operating table 2 hours latter! The Surgery was almost 60,000, and insurance paid more than half of that (I was billed 50.00). I tried to negotiate with First health stating they did nothing and charged me 3,000.00 then before they sent me a letter in the mail saying they would not help me they split the bill up to different Creditors who went after me and put it on my credit report! I have now cleared that up at additional cost to myself - Never do business with LAST HEALTH they CARE NOT FOR YOU ONLY YOUR CASH!!!

User's recommendation: Go to Cape Fear Valley or UNC for medical issues not LAST HEALTH.

ID
Pros
  • Close to home
Cons
  • Terrible service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article