Over 15 days with no ETA on my move

I made the mistake of hiring First United Moving to move my furniture from Illinois to Utah based on positive reviews on Google. Those reviews were totally wrong! Not only did they make me pay $900 more than they quoted me (after they had already loaded all my things), they have not provided accurate ETAs. They loaded my furniture on Thursday, July 11th. I asked how long it would take as I wanted to make sure I was in Utah before them and the driver told me he would be there on Monday, July 15th. I made sure to arrive on Sunday, July 14th. The driver did not show up or call. I called the company on Monday afternoon and was told they would be there by the end of the week. Thursday rolled around and there was no call. I called them on Thursday, July 18th and they told me it would be next week. I pressed them for which day and they said they would call me on Monday, July 22nd. I did not get a call so I called them on Tuesday, July 23rd. They then informed me their driver would not arrive until the end of the week. I just called again today, Friday, July 26th and they informed me it would be next week. I asked for a specific day and they again just told me next week. It has now been TWO WEEKS and over $3000 and I have no idea where my furniture is. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!
ID
West Jordan, Utah
Service
First United Moving And Storage Long Distance Moving Service
Pros
  • Carefully wrapped my furniture
  • Arrived to pick up my furniture within appointment window
Cons
  • No etas unless i call them and then etas are vague
  • Inaccurate status updates
  • Has been more than 15 days since they picked up my things
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article