TERRIBLE BANKING EXPERIENCE WITH FIRST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION!

At the age of 17, my grandmother suggested I open a bank account. I trusted my grandmother's advice, and when you're 17 you are still learning things. She claimed the bank was great! I got signed up (at the time I had no job) and didn't really use my money in there for a year (I love to save money in my savings). Once I turned 18 and graduated from high school, I got hired and Publix and started using my card. I requested online banking, but the website claimed "you are not eligible at this time". I went in to the bank and they, with no enthusiasm whatsoever, tried to set me up a banking online account. I tried five times in the bank, and it would not work! Finally I had to go to work, so I gave up and decided it was whatever. Not to mention, anytime I entered the building they were rude and would not look at me. No "Hello, how are you!"! They made it obvious they did not want my business. Living on the other side of town (I moved out) and having recently received Full Time working 40 hours a week, I was pushing to the side changing my bank. I would get charged for using their own ATM, they would always put a hold on every purchase swiped with my card, there was always some kind of retarded charge. I tried to get a credit card (I can't recall whether secured or unsecured) and they told me I would be declined (I have established credit, I might add!) possibly and it would be best to run a line of credit- a personal loan to myself. The woman told me I HAD to get the health insurance just in case I DIED or something happened to me so I couldn't PAY MYSELF BACK. Needless to say, that was a lie to get more money out of me. Finally, I could not stand it anymore when I had 1700 in my savings and suddenly 200 of it disappeared! I am thrifty, I do not party or go out much. I work a lot and stay at home a lot. I pay my bills and buy food every now and then. Nothing spectacular! I proceeded to go in and ask to have a look at my track record. The woman, of course, acted like I was burdening her when she could she I was flustered that 200 dollars was suddenly missing! I was on my way to work so I couldn't sit there all day, and I was in such a fluster that I left without thinking to ask for a printed copy for myself to look at! What she read off to me was insinuating that it was NSF charges- but how?! I came back in the following day with my girl friend, who has a lot more experience than me with banking. As soon as we came in, they apparently were ready for me because a woman was sitting in the office and already knew what I was coming in for before I even opened my mouth. She was very accusatory and judgemental. She made me feel like an ***. When I informed her on what one of her fellow employees had sold me on that *** insurance, she asked me who was it. I told her and she said "NO! that is not possible! She would NEVER tell you that! NO!". Like, wow, really? If I talked that way to a customer at Publix I would get wrote up by my manager!! When I told her that I was told I couldn't get what i had originally requested for a credit card, she said "well, that is because you have no credit!". Profiling me, stereotyping me because I am 20 years old? So due to my youth I must have no credit? (I was telling this woman about my entire experience with the company leading up to my 200 bucks missing). She then hesistated to print me up a copy of what I had been spending and told me to log on to my "online banking". I informed her of my experience with that, and she almost refused to believe THAT! So she tried to set me up, and it failed multiple times. I asked her when could she get it fixed and she told me "I will have to call... (can't remember the company name)". I immediately left and ate my 200 dollars that went missing. I joined Vystar the next week, and already just walking INTO the building they were nicer and within the first week I had my online banking set up!
ID
Jacksonville, Florida
Cons
  • Customer service

First Florida Credit Union Thiefs!

FIRST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION erroneously charge me over $1,338.09, due to the fact that First Florida Credit Union staff did not disclosed an imperative and sensitive document on time. And after nearly 4-weeks, I am notified by standard mail that I must sign my name to this form and return back to them. The form clearly states that 'I' "must agree" and that 'I' "understands the lien holder may purchase an additional insurance and add the charge to the loan balance"On that note, if this form was given to me on time, it would've impede my decision to finalize the loan agreement with F.F.C.U. I have attempted to resolve the issue immediately, right after the receipt of the letters issued and have contacted them both by person and phone to several staff members, including Ian Nembhard, Branch Manager, Nick DeLa Cruz (Director of Lending) and Linda K. Jones, (EVP/COO) but all have failed to acknowledge their error.

You are incorrect NOFAULTOFCREDITUNION, any respectable credit union would have given out this consumer disclosure at the time of closing the deal and would've also clearly knowledge this verbally.

The experience and energy here was terrifying, The employees where rushing and simply wanted to make a quick commission, that even included a CUNA Insurance protection on my contract without my consent, but I quickly spotted this before signing it.

No everyone is insurance savvy, to know that "Comprehensive Insurance" is REQUIRED for auto loans, but a soon I was properly informed, I purchased immediately.

And No, I was never trying to avoiding any insurance responsibility, but YES was avoiding dealing with crooks like First Florida Credit Union.

It's great to be in IT, and be able to thoroughly investigate and track, so called: 'NOFAULTOFCREDITUNION' IP footprints. It's an actual First Florida Credit Union employyee in disguise. Next time use a skit proxy :)

Thieves? Sounds like this was auto loan issued by First Florida Credit Union.

Credit Unions are meticulous in their disclosure & due diligence towards their members and require the member to sign an agreement with their loan documentation that the member will provide proof of comprehensive insurance on the vehicle, which is the credit union's collateral. The credit union's insurance provider tracks every loan to ensure each vehicle has and maintains coverage and, in the event no proof of coverage is submitted, will eventually place coverage on the vehicle and charge the member's account. However, the member is given ample time and several opportunities to provide proof. Besides the initial agreement which the member signs, a series of letters is sent to the member over specified periods of time.

At any time, during this period (which may go as long as 90 days), the member may submit proof of insurance, and their account or loan are not assessed.

Sounds like this member simply wanted the loan, but not the insurance responsibility. Sorry, but that's how it works at all financial institutions.

View more comments (2)
ID
Miami, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article