First Financial Credit Union Staff Review

They keep calling to solicit when i have already requested several times to remive my number from the call list. One particular employee named alex (fon't know the last name) continues to call being sarcastic saying get a lawyer. I do not and will not ever do nusiness with this company.
ID
Winston, Georgia
Reason of review
Poor customer service

First Financial Credit Union are a bunch of liars!!!

A couple of months ago I was approved for a car loan. I spoke with "Kristie" (in the lending department) several times over the phone during the approval process. She told me that I was approved at 6.50%. I even called twice to verify and everyone that I spoke with told me not to worry that everything was OK. On my way to the car dealer I called them just to make sure and they reassured me that everything was fine. The next day after I bought the car, "Kristie" leaves me a message at my cell phone telling me there was a change in the interest rate. I couldn't believe my ears!! I complained. Thank God I had the exact dates and times I spoke with her and everything was recorded. Even with the recordings as proof, the supervisor apologized but said they really couldn't give me that interest and that the best they could do was 7.50%. Unbelievable!!! So these people actually waited for me to buy the car in order to tell me that my interest rate on the loan was different!!! It is only 1 point difference but still it NOT OK. I missed my chance for the car dealer to match the same interest as long as I financed with them. I left a message to the CEO today because I realized that he needs to know what happened. So I am waiting for a phone call...let's see what happens!

This "CREDIT UNION" acts like every other BANK that is Out there. Since it has change ti F1rst Federa!ld.

Just Another Rip off, calling them our friends. You can NEVER get ahold oh them.

Ever. ***, they make money.

Deplorable account management (inaccurate reporting, lack of account history updates resulting in nonrecognition of payments processed, thus threatening notices generated); unwarranted fees; nonexistent "customer service", on and on ad nauseum! The most poorly-executed financial operation i have ever encountered!

I made a Deposit into my account with First Financial Credit Union of Rio Rancho New Mexico. 1,100.

never made it to my account. They say they have no records of my deposit and they do not have cameras in the drive through or around the building.

None. They still have not returned my money

For those who have been members of FFCU for many years, dating back to the late '70 to present, How can anyone find information on Benefits Checking Account (grandfathered)? This activity allows for many great benefits that's not readily disclosed to its members.

First financial credit union has been stealing from me did not know it for months :cry

Effective December 2011, FFCU plans to impose a mandatory $5 a month fee on every checking account that does not implement direct deposit of your paycheck. This will bleed every existing customer that prefers to not use direct deposit/electronic banking.

I want to point out that electronic banking effectively takes control away from the Owner the control of their earned money. The legal notice is a non-descript mailer which details these Contract changes in a sales pitch notice.

In reality, it is an Addendum (change) to longstanding terms and conditions in the Contract. Please write a letter of complaint to the licensing body about how this credit union is looking for ways of increasing its revenue streams at the expense of its customers.

@PissedConsumer385163

"this credit union is looking for ways of increasing its revenue streams at the expense of its customers"...

Precisely true!!! Well put!! The revenue-generating scams perpetrated by this shoddy-body, badly-run business border on the criminal!!!

Watch out for hidden recurring fees. It took me two months to figure out what they were doing so I was out $100.

Do not do business with this bank. It is the worst.

It is very sad that a 75 year old credit union cannot process a single payment without 7 different people that have been employed there less than 6 months have to get involved. The loan apporval process is disgusting, the membership qualifications are handled by individuals that have no clue of the by-laws and educational charter requirement.

The experiences my family and I have had in the last 5 years of membership have been extremely disappointing.

The best solution for this institution is to turn it over to a credit union that can handle the business and keep loyal members. The upper management must be changed since there is a huge disconnect with what the member wants and what is being delivered.

#206173

"Trapped" into maintaining accounts with this dysfunctional, exploitative, ruthlessly counter-customer shyster outfit, I have been bilked out of funds, surreptitiously, by the most outrageous and underhanded of practices. Never, in my half-century of banking, have I ever encountered a financial company which extracts fines, monthly, from my checking account if there are not three forms of "activity" attributed to that account every month.

(Minimal effort was made to notify me of the outrageous policy of "bleeding" my account should I not have three transactions per month; and it wasn't until I was able to crack through the convoluted log-in procedure to check my balance, that I shockingly discovered that nearly half of the funds in the account had been levied away by FFCU, due to the outlandishly and unrealistically stringent "activity" mandates!) I've banked in nearly every major national chain, and several independent institutions throughout the US, and my long life, and NEVER have I met with the affrontery of such exploitative practice, anywhere and at any time! Additionally, in order to keep a reasonable interest rate on my line-of-credit, a savings account with a minimum balance of $100 must be maintained. My line-of-credit payments are handled through another banks efficient and well-ordered "bill-pay" service, and I schedule payments to arrive five days before the loan payment due date.

Despite receiving the payments well before the due date, FFCU seemingly maliciously waits to post the payments to my account until after the due date, causing fines and deductions from my mandatorily held savings account to kick-in, which in turn generates a fine for the balance falling below $100. Such malicious, sleazy tricks to generate revenues from trusting customers!

Save yourselves some peace of mind, as well as your hard-earned funds, and support ANY other bank or credit union but C.U.-F.U...ooops, I mean, FFCU

View more comments (10)
ID
Los Angeles, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article