First Federal Savings Bank - TOOK MY MONEY! - Clarksville TN

On the night of 2/19/11 I logged into my online banking and was shocked to discover that my account was in the negative, bank was closed 2/20/11 and 2/21/11. It all started with an online transaction on 2/14/11 for $300.00 that was charged twice to my account (due to some glitch) causing my checking account to go into the negative....(1st $31.00 NSF Fee). The next day, on 2/15/11, my automatic car insurance payment for $62.11 tried to go through, but was declined (2nd $31.00 NSF Fee). The insurance company tried to process the payment on 2/18/11 and it was declined again (3rd $31.00 NSF Fee). First Federal Savings Bank also Charged $7.00 DAILY Overdraft Fees ON TOP OF THE $31.00 NSF Fees to add insult to injury. On 2/23/11 I went to one of their locations and I explained the situation about the double $300.00 charge and all the NSF Fees that occurred because of it. They told me they could not do anything about it and that I needed to speak to someone at the First Federal Savings Bank in which I opened my account. They said the person I would need to speak to is MARIAN PARRIS, they told me to tell her the same thing I told them and MARIAN PARRIS would be able to make the decision on weather to remove the NSF charges or not. The same day, 2/23/11, I drove to the First Federal Savings Bank on Fort Campbell Blvd where I originally opened my account. I spoke with Marian Parris, she is a tall German Lady. I sat down in her office and explained my situation, I brought her a print out of my account and showed her where I was charged twice on a $300.00 transaction and all the NSF Fees I incurred because of it. She IMMEDIATELY said in a STERN voice...."the bank is not responsible for this, YOU will need to contact the merchants and TELL THEM TO COVER THE OVERDRAFT FEES". She then added that it is UNLIKELY that they would cover the fees. I then asked: when the $300.00 is returned to my account from the merchant, will any of the overdraft fees go away? She said NO! I could not believe what I heard on this day! I have been a good customer with First Federal Savings Bank for OVER 5 YEARS, never had an issue like this, even referred others to this bank and here they are...TREATING ME LIKE COMPLETE GARBAGE!!! I can not stand to let them just get away with this, I will warn AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE about this bank! http://www.first-federal-savings-bank-review.com/

NOW CALLED "FIRST ADVANTAGE BANK"

No way! I totally believe this has happened!

It happened to me also With a 350.00 transaction. It was a domino affect just like the person making the complaint.

And of course First Federal employees will come on here to back 1 of their own!

I banked with them for 6 or so years also and have sense switched to navy credit union 4 years ago and they are awesome! First Federal is a bank I never and will never recommend to anyone!

The facts in the above claim are not based on truth. Please do not spread lies about our employees. Marion Parris has worked for First Federal for almost 17 years and we will stand behind her 100%.

"above" should be "below"

To above comment...sounds like you don't know what you are talking about. What is this other bank you are referring too?

It really sounds like you have the problem and can't balance your check book. Two different banks and both banks taken your money learn to balance your check book.

I bank at this branch from all the branches that location is the best. I wish they would have more employee's kind and sweet like Marion.

View more comments (5)
ID
Clarksville, Tennessee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article