Filter Queen Vacuum

Cumbersome, heavy, clumsy and soooooo expensive. I hope I have learned my lesson! I was sucked into making a ridiculous purchase. I am sick every time I have to drag out the awkward piece of equipment. I could have bought ten vacuums for the same price of one filter queen. Not appropriate for elderly or disabled. The vacuum is very heavy. The vacuum is very clumsy. Buyers beware of slick salesman offering free gifts that are worthless and do not make it through the first use. (Compact garden hose) something else I have to dispose. I ran a vacuum for my paralyzed friend, it was very powerful, it was light and it was not as expensive. "How much was this thing?", "Less than a hundred dollars." Now I am embarrassed, yes, I bought a Filter Queen. At least it has a ten year warranty. That is the best thing about it.

I hope you purchased from an authorized dealer and have the warranty in writing. Quite often, vaccum salespeople will lie about the warranty.

I am not being specific to Filter Queen but rather vacuums that are sold door-to-door in general. I know, for example, a lot of people report being told their Kirby has a lifetime warranty when in fact it only has a limited 3 year warranty.

My wife doesn't like my Kirby either. It is large, heavy, and cumbersome.

But it works better than the last 3 Hoovers, two Dysons, and a Panasonic that have all come and gone and had to be repaired ; and it has been around longer (18 years) and working well.

And that's not as old as the Kirby I had before that lived to be.

Does the Filter Queen work well ? You didn't mention.

I fully understand the problems with a large heavy machine for those who can't handle large, heavy machines. For them, a lighter machine is necessary and certainly easier to live with.

You paid a lot, but you're implying that there is no value in the item requesting $2800 as damage.

You said you were "sucked in" (great pun !) to making a purchase that you shouldn't have.

We have all done that (many repeatedly) at one time or another so don't beat yourself up.

My suggestion is you buy a lighter, easier, more convenient less expensive vacuum cleaner, and keep the heavy industrial grade equipment for an occasional deep-cleaning and in case of a really messy cleanup of some sort. If you really, really, hate it and never want to see it again, send it to me.

View more comments (1)
ID
Product
Filterqueen Vacuum Cleaner
Pros
  • Owning a vacuum
Cons
  • Price and the convenience of use
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article