Jon O Thp

| map-marker Hamilton, Alabama

Poor Service

Fikes Chevrolet - Poor Service
Updated by user Aug 26, 2023

No one has attempted to contact me from Fikes Chevrolet.

Original review Jul 27, 2023
Monday, June 19, 2023, dropped off 2004 Buick Rendezvous at Fikes Chevrolet for inspection who said it would cost $75.00 for the inspection to find out if the previous shop did their job which I already knew they did not.
Fikes Chevrolet said that some of the parts had been replaced and that they found a special stud and bolt missing from the ignition coil bracket and that the part has been discontinued and that they re-routed some wires off of the exhaust manifold, so they would not burn into and charged me $222.21 When I got the car back I found that they did not inspect the vehicle very good as I found leakage from the A\C compressor, tie rod ends need to be replaced, and the oil pan gasket is still leaking oil, which they said nothing about. On top of that, the car started missing when I got it home, and now I am back to square one.

Now I have to fix what the shop did not fix in the first place. There is still a wire bracket that has not been put back where it belongs, and they just wrapped the wires around a pipe, which took probably 5 minutes to do. What a rip-off. Their mechanic must not be able to tell the difference between an oil pan gasket and a transmission pan gasket as the transmission pan was the only clean part under the car as I have photo's of the oil pan gasket and wet oil around it.
Fikes Chevrolet said that some of the parts had been replaced and that they found a special stud and bolt missing from the ignition coil bracket and that the part has been discontinued and that they re-routed some wires off of the exhaust manifold, (N wrapped them around a smaller pipe ) so they would not burn into and charged me $222.21 and no where on the receipt does it say $75.00 for inspection, so they lied.

When I got the car back I found that they did not inspect the vehicle very good as I found leakage from the A\C compressor, tie rod ends need to be replaced, and the oil pan gasket is still leaking oil, which they said nothing about. On top of that, the car started missing when I got it home, and now I am back to square one. Now I have to fix what the shop did not fix in the first place. There is still a wire bracket that has not been put back where it belongs, and they just wrapped the wires around a pipe, which took probably 5 minutes to do.

Other people who have done business there also told me that Fikes Chevrolet has overcharged them the same way and will not return to Fikes Chevrolet for anything in the future.
Previously this same vehicle was dropped off at Fikes Chevrolet for the inside of the vehicle to be cleaned and when the car was picked up it appeared that no one even cleaned the inside of the vehicle, so I brought it to their attention, and they said it will be done by that afternoon. The car was picked up, and it still was not clean as there was still broken glass in the rear floor in the carpet, another rip-off.
Cons:
  • Do not notify you before charging you

Preferred solution: Want to make people aware that dealerships tell you one price and then overcharge.

User's recommendation: Beware of dealerships

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article