Field Electric - The Fridge Is On The Same Breaker As A GFI & The Owner Refuses To Fix It

I let them talk me into some alleged all-house GFI's in the Breaker Box. I had just wanted individual GFI's installed in each of 3 outlets in the kitchen and one in each of 2 bathrooms. A SIMPLE STRAIGHT FORWARD EASY JOB . Many months later a toaster caught on fire for some unknown reason and the GFI's didn't trip off. I called them they said the were done properly and a fire in a toaster would not necessarily trip the GFI's which was a TOTAL surprise. Disappointed about what I was paid for and what I assumed I was getting, I did my own checking 'just to be sure' as I questioned their explaination, I found out that the GFI's for that plug in for the toaster wasn't even functional. I called them again and an electrician came out and 'fixed it'. Once again months later I went to turn the breaker off for the fridge and they had wired one of the two breaker box GFI's into the same breaker as the fridge. I have MANY breakers available to put the fridge on its own breaker and one open breaker with a fuse already in it. I called them again this time they had me talk to the owner who's solution was to unplug the fridge or turn it off as an alternative solution and has refused to come back out and 'make it right' and told me to instead 'talk to the inspector' which I am assuming is YET ANOTHER charge. There is still NO TRUST that anyone is safe from electrocution. The claim of being in business since the 60's (which was the MAJOR selling point in choosing them) and upon inquiry he claims he is the original owner. I was confident they were THE go-to in Stillwater for Quality electrical work due SOLELY to longevity. It has turned out to be yet another expensive lesson about vendors and contractors in Stillwater and I STILL have a breaker box FULL of 'is this up to code'? and other unfinished incomplete work between them and other local contractors that have been paid in full for work that is STILL problematic and unacceptable quality. This is a license that can kill and does kill people and someone being electrocuted resulting in loss of life, limb or seriously injury is NOT the time to find out the work wasn't done right and if there had not been someone in the kitchen when the toaster caught on fire the house could have burned down and someone killed or injured.
ID
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Service
Field Electric Of Stillwater Circuit Breaker Electric Service
Pros
  • Electrician was more than willing to return to fix the work
Cons
  • Owners refusal to fix the performed work
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article