Poor Quality Work...Lots of damage & unfinished Work

FHIA Remodeling - Poor Quality Work...Lots of damage & unfinished Work
The 3 day installation lingered for 3 months, finally coming to a very disappointing end yesterday. I had to retain an attorney to get them to complete the basics and a lot of work remain undone and in need of repairs due to damages caused by FHIA. As a result of FHIA's breach of contract, poor construction and unprofessional practices, I have already incurred a loss of $5250. The project manager (PM) was very deceitful, pretended to have work orders in to address the items needed in between gaps of disengaging then eventually becoming disrespectful and verbally aggressive. Notifying his superiors was fruitless. During the removal process, the technician destroyed the perimeters of the windows and damaged fascia board above most windows. He created holes, large chips and divots during the window removal and installation. Now that the install is "technically completed", the following repairs due to destructive removal, poor installation and unfinished work will cost me more than $10,000... *Dozens of holes in exterior brick from removing 17 sets of shutter tracks *6 window sills were damaged *3 windows have hairline cracks under window sill 3 attempts to fix hairline cracks were resolved by spreading white compound across my minty green wall *5 tiled window sills have chips, cracks &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; large, deep holes... some were unsuccessfully filled with caulk. *5 windows need screens *12 window perimeters have gray cement or stucco patch covering the red brick... seal the openings created during window installation...this is unsightly and not consistent with the notion of increasing the property value by having impact windows installed. *2 windows are difficult to open Additionally, on day 1, the installer broke a Tiffany lamp, the last gift that my deceased grandfather gave me so, technically it can never be replaced. Unfortunately 11 of the pics illustrating some a sample of the horrible work done was too large to upload here. Check out my earlier reviews here and other places to see problems and pics from start to finish as well as other sites for pictures of damages and complaints of others.
West Palm Beach, Florida

Verified Reviewer

*** on POOR QUALITY Services, No Integrity & a Lack of Accountability

FHIA Remodeling - *** on POOR QUALITY Services, No Integrity & a Lack of Accountability
Original review updated by user Apr 23, 2021
After being forced to hire a contactor to prepare a bay window for installation which FHIA removed and boarded up, 1 month later I am still struggling to get this company to complete the 3 day installation that started 2 months ago. The Project Manager, has become non-responsive at multile points during the process. After my initial reviews on multiple sites, I received a call from Ralph, the Operations Mgr., had 1 conversation with him before he failed to respond to my messages. On 2/16, day 2 of the installation the installer, identified that 2 screens were missing. When he returned on day 3 and installed the next 3 screens he did not install any screens...I was repeatedly told by Andrew, for more than a month, the screens were a minor issue and would be taken care of...the 1 thing we actually agreed on. Still I listed them on the list of many items still needing to be done. Andrew repeatedly told me these "small issues" will be resolved AFTER they pass the final inspection which I questioned because some of the issues are structural in nature. After failing the inspection, 10 days ago, as I expected, for these items that I listed, Andrew says he will call to set up a day to take care of the many structural thing such as no pitch for water draining, missing screens, missing caulk and missing screws in all windows. Andrew called today and abrasively stated that the installer told him my mother stole the missing screens. The more I rationalized with him the many reasons why this sounds preposterous, the more adamant and aggressive he became. Andrew insisted on focusing on screens that have been missing and asked about multiple times, for more than 2 months. He repeatedly stated that the installer told him HE SAW MY MOTHER TAKE SCREENS...the same installer that told me 2 screens were missing on day 2 and then said on day 3,,,he didnt have any screens with him. The same installer that broke my lamp and tried to hide it until confronted, the same installer that he and Andrew said he would replace my lamp 2 months ago... Andrew's shift of responsibility for the missing screens to my mother is appalling, shameful and very disrespectful. More so, it is senseless in the grand scheme of things...screens are FREE for life of the windows and considering the extensive list of items that I have been emailing Andrew about and waiting on to be completed for more than 2 months... This list (excerpts to emails sent to Andrew) is in Addition to the INSPECTOR'S LIST for FAILING items... *17 sets of shutter tracks need to be removed. *12 windows are not caulked and need interior sealing *10 windows have huge chips around the perimeter of the window frame from the window being removed *6 windows have hairline cracks under window sill *5 tiled window sills have chips *5 windows need screens *4 windows need caps * 1 kitchen window has lots of exposed areas...openings surrounding the frame. The other issue is the gray cement put over the red brick to seal the openings created during window installation...this is unsightly and not consistent with the notion of increasing the property value by having impact windows installed. Additionally, we have the broken Tiffany lamp which was broken and supposed to be replaced by now. The lamp cost was $200 but this is the last gift that my deceased grandfather gave me so, technically it can never be replaced. With all of this undone, poorly done and months of lack of follow through, Andrew called and harrassed me, insulted my mother whom also told him that she did not take the screens in question in some twisted effort to evade the real significant matters like poor construction, functional issues...even he was not able to open the 1 window he attempted to as he concluded the spring was broken and once again said, "no big deal...it will be taken care of". FHIA's managemet team seems to have a consisten pattern of this nonchalant response that is usually followed by a defensive attitude and a shift of responsibility for completing tasks in which FHIA were contractd to do.

User's recommendation: Do Not Hire FHIA...Read the reviews from other customers with similar and worse experiences.

Hollywood, Florida
Pros
  • I have many outlets to spread the word throughout my community
Cons
  • It has been more than 90 days for a 3 day installation
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Verified Reviewer

Harassement

I spoke with a FHIA rep at a Sam's Club about replacement windows for my residence and provided contact information for a quote. Well, they never showed up to provide an estimate/quote at the scheduled time; however, they keep calling my cell to arrange a site visit. They have called over 100 times in 3 weeks, even though I told them I wasn't interested in doing business with them. Avoid them like the Corona. They reek with ***

User's recommendation: Never talk to strangers at Sam's Club.

Service
Fhia Remodeling Customer Care
Cons
  • Scammers
Preferred solution
Stop the harassments - Stop calling me

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article