A 'Confirmed Reservation' means nothing at the Annex at Fertile Ground, Olympia, WA

I had a reservation with the Annex at Fertile Ground for the month of August 2014 for the monthly price of $800. The owner just canceled the reservation even though we confirmed it more than once. She claimed that she didn't want to do the transaction through AirBnB so we worked it out where I would pay her cash on arrival. She then began emailing me that I needed to confirm my reservation through AirBnB because she was getting lots of emails from people needing to rent from her. I reminded her that she didn't want me to do this. She realized she could make more money having people rent for short stays instead of a 30 day rental, so our reservation got canceled. In a nutshell - the owner is unprofessional and a flake. I wouldn't recommend her complex at Fertile Ground or the Annex at Fertile Ground to stay at. There are way too many places to spend the night in Olympia to be stuck with this baloney.

Hi Florence!

You forgot to take down the nasty review you left for me. Remember you stayed with me for a month in August last year?

I never knew you left this terrible review. I bet you feel a little sheepish about it now.

Maybe you could update it and admit that I was not flaky or unprofessional, but made you and your husband quite at home here at The Annex. You apologized to me in person for jumping to conclusions about me, maybe you could do it publicly, too?

I apologize for the above review. The owner was a little slow in emailing me that my reservation was still intact and the email I got from AirBnb fanned the flames of anger (it was worded horribly).

View more comments (1)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article