Gross & Torturing

I don't know if this is the right place for this complaint but you be the judge of my concern. I cannot figure out how this commercial contributes to being a better father. The government screwed up on this one. It is the most disturbing commercial that I have ever viewed in all my years of tv watching. It's torture tickling an adult but to do it to a baby it is down right child abuse. That baby is not laughing but howling. What mother would allow her baby to be used in this way? It makes me cringe and my blood boils every time I see it. Looking at the way the guy is holding the baby's arm is torture to me. The commercial is promoting, Fatherhood.gov. I hope the child was not injured. I have contacted the organization as well.

I find it disturbing as well but for me it's the irritating sound that compels me to change the channel whenever this PSA appears.

Agreed -- this commercial makes me so uncomfortable and shows behavior that seems to be the last thing a father should do to his child. Please remove this commercial from the airwaves.

@PissedConsumer1710989

I thought I was the only one who HATES this commercial. What the *** does this have to do with being a good father?! A father is a man who loves and supports his kids, key word being SUPPORT!

This was my opinion from the first time I saw this commercial. It upsets me so much.

My family and myself absolutely HATE this commercial. A father holding a baby down and tickling while in the background we hear a trace of another child saying "stop it daddy".

This is suppose to promote ...what??!!?! Get rid of this ad.

There are so many tender and important moments in a childs life that recognize the importance of parenting. This does not.

It has long been established that "tickling" babies is considered abusive. The baby in the ad is not giggling.

The high-pitched screech should be alerting any adults in the room that this poor child was distressed.

I shudder each time this ad comes on the air and those responsible for the ad should be deeply ashamed. Surely this organization can do better!

@Kaylynn Nav

Please get rid of this commercial!!!!

I am also very disturbed by this commercial. This is promoting baby torture not "good parenting"

View more comments (7)
ID
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article