Father&Son ripped us off &never finished

I had Father & Son Construction of Troy, Mi. Tear out and redo our bathroom and also pin the addition to our home. They took 6 years to half do the bathroom and it's still not up to code..I have holes it my walls where they left them. My bath tub is rusted????!!! Not to mention all of the trimming is separating. They sent in 20 different sub contractors, never father &Son ... the tile company they sent out went through my bedroom when I left and stole a watch! The addition to my home was trash day one...we liked to froze to death back there. We paid for installation and just got it last year...five years after the contract! My walls buckled it's been a nightmare! Literally! Don't use them they use their connections at the city to get through the red tape! Tenita Webb-Eaton

The beauty of the internet is anyone can post anything bogus about a company like reviews like these.

#1202530
@PissedConsumer1077822

Hmmmmm...I wonder who write this???

I am keenly disappointed with Father & Son.

In August of 2015, signed a contract for replacement stairs, new railings and improvements to the upper and lower porch at my dad's house. It's now November of 2015, and I still do not have any start date from them.

I have wasted the entire summer living with the expectation that they would eventually perform the work I had contracted for.

No one seems to have the honest balls to tell me that they really don't want this job. Just let me know that, and I could have found someone else to do the work. It's going to snow this weekend, and I had hoped to have new stairs for the winter for my elderly father to navigate safely.

In defense of F&S, I will say that they have never cashed my deposit check. I am informed that they do not cash the check until they actually begin work, so, at least there's that.

I have to chuckle at their confirmation letter which states, "we treat our customers like family." Apparently, someone thinks I am an ex-wife, or some kind of step child.

I have wasted the summer in reliance upon their telling me that the work would be performed.

Well, I wish I could say I feel better, but I'm still very miffed.

@PissedConsumer1066951

^^^Re the above:

And, I don't know why, but my location isn't "Miami, Fla", I'm in southeast Michigan.

There's an update:

A representative from Father and Son contacted me this morning, and we plan to re-evaluate the project on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

No work will be done until Spring. (Cement work involved)

Yippee.

A bogus review with plenty of false accusations.....anyone can post an anonymous complaint like this.

View more comments (4)
ID
Detroit, Michigan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article