Verified Reviewer

Poor Customer Service Insurance Agency in Challis, ID.

Update by user Sep 03, 2015

If the consumer is not aware.....he or she pays for it out of their pocket book. In my case, it was a horrible costly experience. Lucky my wife will recover and was not a fatality.

Update by user Sep 03, 2015

I forgot to add in the original post, that when I called in at 8:30 in the morning requesting coverage and medical coverage, I feel as tho I should have been told at that instant if I have coverage or not for medical. As the month goes by, I also find out I do not have medical coverage on any atvs or snowmobiles....

I was never told, and never explained.

The agency that covers my commercial insurance (not the one I am complaining about) communicates regularly with me on coverage, etc.

REGULARLY!!!

I need an agent to explain coverage to me, and keep me informed as to what coverage I have or not. That is called CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Update by user Sep 03, 2015

I am sorry to have to post, but the consumer needs to be aware. Even tho the agent is not available and may not get back with you for a day or two, the consumer needs coverage in writing. We will not operate any more vehicles unless the agent gives us in writing what we asked for.

The good old days of asking for insurance over the phone is gone.

"Let the buyer beware!!!"

Original review posted by user Sep 03, 2015
In June, about 8:30 am I called into my insurance agency in Challis , Id, to obtain coverage on 250cc Yamaha. I clearly stated I also need medical coverage as I do not have medical insurance. Twice I requested the same, that I need medical coverage, also, as I do not have. I explained that it was a 250cc bike, with tail light and headlight and licensed for road use. At 11:00 am, my wife has an accident with this bike requiring a trip to the emergency room for several stitches and xrays. After submitting a claim, the insurance company's claims department told me I do not have medical coverage on that bike. If I would have lied about the accident and claimed it happened on my property, more than likely my homeowners would have covered it. I was able have underwriting take a look at it and was again denied. I also found out that some of the people in this agency office cannot go over parts of the policy, only the agent. Why is the consumer not told up front who we can talk to about what items?? The insurance company is a good company, and has taken care of claims well. The home office is great to deal with!
ID
Pocatello, Idaho
Pros
  • Excellent claims
Cons
  • Poor customer service of agent
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article