Farm Bureau Insurance Of Michigan Reviews

Show reviews that mention
farm bureau bureau farm insurance claim coverage people accident abby besonen attorney
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

The owner of subway in watervliet Michigan

I need I need to talk to somebody about our owners Sherry closing. downtown Subway in Watervliet with no answer. that she was. she won't answer none our phone calls. he still owes us for a week and 2 days worth of work.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

They are a lying and lecherous company that deceived me and stole money from me.

I was a small fledgling company that due to growth needed a workmens comp company. I contacted Farm Bureau and they gave me a price and I paid my premiums in full. After a few years they audited me and said I owed them $6,000 more! I have paid insurance since I was 17 and now I am 63. I have ever filed an insurance claim ever. Nevertheless these low life's have destroyed me and seized every penny in my bank account. All they did was make money off of me and now they want to destroy me.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

Horrible company

As long as you never get an accident you will be fine. They are absolutely the worst at paying. I have been told by several healthcare people Farm Bureau is the worst company to deal with in regards to paying for needed medical care. They will spin the care in anyway so it is "not" related to the car accident. Get new insurance before the unthinkable happens and you are stuck with them in a crisis. They force you in to fighting for everything to be paid, when you should only be fighting to recover. Horrible horrible people who seem to take joy in your pain and frustration.
Lansing, Michigan
Farm Bureau Insurance Of Michigan Medical Claim
Cons
  • Are horrible when needed
Reason of review
Bad quality

Arden Pierson

I was in an accident in Traverse City on September 30,2012. The other driver was ticketed. Farm Bureau told that an adjuster would look at the damage to equipment. As of March 6,2013 Farm Bureau has not paid the hospital bills from the accident or any bills related to coverage. The agent told me to call Abby Besonen in Lansing Michigan. Abby has not returned any calls regarding unpaid claims. I have received calls from Munson Hospital wanting payment and was told that I had not filled out paper work from Farm Bureau. The seat belt left marks across chest and neck. Munson told me to come back for ultra sound as there is a lump on thyroid. I called Farm Bureau and talked to Abby Besonen regarding ultra sound and was told that it would be covered under insurance. That was the last time I spoke with Abby Besonen which was in October of 2012.
Overland Park, Kansas

Farm Bureau Insuance of Michigan a joke

After choosing Farm Bureau 30 years ago they cancelled me. For no apparent reason. I also found out they put a $19,000 claim from an auto accident onto my homeowners policy. This happened 11 years ago. Trying to find an attorney to see what I can do about this. I have spoke with so many people who have had their homeowners insurance cancelled. We had a claim due to a water tank blowing up due to a power surge. They low balled us and had to fight for 3 months to get close to the amount it would cost to repair the damage. The adjuster kept trying to put me down and I didnt back off. I paid for this house and the Insurance.

My profile is incorrect. I live in New Lothrop, Michigan.

Farm Bureau said to get a hold of my agent. i got a hold of the *** so many times.

He just kept saying he was sorry for my inconviene, Oh he was sorry after we gave the company over $60,000 over he last 30 years. He did nothing to help the situation.,

I dont know why it is showing that I live in Englewood. I live in New Lothrop, Michigan.

I did contact the agent and the pip squeak first said he would help me out with the insurance adjuster then he did a complete turn around and said he had nothing to do with it. Holy *** who does he think I was paying my hard earned money to? Then I got the notice that I was cancelled. I thought there was possibly something called "Company trust and loyalty".

I was very much mistaken. :(

Thank you for your comments Mary1377. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with Farm Bureau Insurance. May we suggest that you contact your agent to see if we can get this resolved for you?

Your profile indicates that you are from Englewood, CO. Because we want to make sure your concerns are addressed, we just want to verify that you did intend this for Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan and not Farm Bureau Insurance of Colorado.

Farm Bureau Insurance Companies are single state operations so we want to make sure your concerns are being shared with the correct company.

Thank you.

@PissedConsumer554009

My Farm Bureau agent doesn't know the product he is selling, offers very weak support when there are questions, and basically will not be direct with answers about the policy, and I have had enough. I am cancelling the policy.

View more comments (3)
Englewood, Colorado
Loss

Farm Bureau is atempting to not pay my claim

I recently had a b&e on my barn and I had a $16,500.00 loss .The agent was told at the time I bought my home owners policy that I was a retired mecanic and I had alot of tools and equipment .They told me I had $100,000.00 coverage for the contents of that barn .Now that I have filed the claim they now tell me that since they were once yoused in a buisness that all they have to give me is $1,000.00 and I have a $1,000.00 dollar deductable . these people are *** artists !!!I will be getting a new insurance company ASAP .Ps the insurance I have is replacement cost insurance

You should have read your policy when you rec'd it too!

Macomb, Michigan
Farm Bureau Financial Services Claim

Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan refuses to pay

I had PIP coverage with Farm Bureau of Michigan..they found loop holes to not pay my claim! The medical maintance manager was very rude and refused to communicate with me then said I did not notify them. I proofed all of their allegations of my lack of trying was a lie by sending them phone records. Each time they would respond with another REASON why I could not be covered. It was all bogus and I was shafted by the Office of Insurance Regualtions in Lansing who is supposed to help the normal guy! Because I am low income I can not find an attorney to take the case, I am sol. Do not buy insurance from this company!

Each one is in each other's pockets! I paid for PIP insurance, got severly injured put out of work, injured on the job...and by the way OFIR says to take it to court.

They violated my HEPPA rights and are in violation of Michigan Insurance Law 500:26 and I am in the course of litigation.

Never buy insurance from any company with the name state or farm.

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ENDURE THIS ADDED BURDEN! IT IS SHAMEFUL.

You had sent a complaint to the office of insurance regulations. They found no fault on the insurer. Since they are unbiased,one can only assume your claim for med pip benefits was not owed.

View more comments (1)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Farm Bureau Financial Services Claim
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article