Worthless Customer Service/Misfeasance/Discrimination

Update by user Aug 23, 2012

I believe I was discriminated against by the director named Dr. Sarah Feuerbacher, Ph.D., LCSW-S because I went to the SMU Center for Family Counseling for grief, anxiety, and stress counseling which is what they claim to specialize in on their website.

I also documented those facts in the in-take forms (grief, anxiety, and stress). When I confronted the director Dr. Feuerbacher about why I was denied counseling she was very evasive and stated flippantly and rudely: \"You will need more than 15 sessions. It will be a hassle for you to change counselors after your 15 sessions\".

Her pretexts (false reasons) are not believable. Dr. Feuerbacher did not refer me to a \"qualified specialist\" like she claims to do and she did not address any particular serious and objective issues that she thought were problematic (more examples of misfeasance and nonfeasance). So I believe that I was denied services for discriminatory and bigoted reasons that caused me undue distress.

It\'s important to consider the facts that I am not in a crisis; I do not have bipolar; and I do not need psychiatric care (this is obvious since I am here typing a coherent complaint and Dr. Feuerbacher herself did not refer me to psychiatric care). These unprofessional people at SMU Center For Family Counseling are liars (they lie via strawman arguments, red herrings, and implications) and they aren\'t very good at it either.

Anybody with basic logic and reasoning can see what these bigots are doing. White supremacy is a huge dilemma in North America; however, there are great civil rights attorneys and leaders who are willing to correct that.

Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2012
I believe misfeasance, bait and switch advertising, and discriminatory customer service occurred at SMU Center for Family Counseling located in Plano, Texas 5228 Tennyson Parkway. I personally experienced degenerate, prejudiced, and passive-aggressive customer service from these uncooperative, dishonest, bigoted, and brusque professionals (I wouldn't even refer to these low standard poseurs as professionals though). As an ethnic minority (U.S. citizen) I was offended by their prejudiced, degenerate, uncaring, insensitive, passive-aggressive, and low standard performances and biases (demonstrated insidiously). Passive aggressive employees are usually obstructionists who prefer to withhold help and shun those who need help. Sadly, in my experiences I believe that was the case at SMU Center for Family Counseling. Neither the director (S.F.) or any of the other employees demonstrated any type of applicable knowledge to me that they claim to possess on their website. I do not recommend this establishment to anyone seriously considering counseling or professionalism. I was mislead several times over the telephone by the softly spoken front desk secretary and the other curt employees who answered the phone. I was mislead because I was not helped at all in any type of professional manner during or after my intake/psychosocial assessment/screening. The employees made it clear to me several times that they do not help those who are bipolar or those in need of psychiatric care or those in a crisis (sounds despicably selfish if you ask me). However, I was having neither of the aforementioned problems. Those facts are documented in my records, too. Strangely enough half-way through my intake/assessment/screening the counselor trainee bombarded me with loaded questions that fixated on morbid subjects as if to insinuate that I'm an atrocious criminal. That was a very offensive effort to create a pretext (false reason) so they wouldn't have to provide me with adequate services (15 counseling sessions): in my viewpoint their behavior is not only blatant misfeasance but it's very much discrimination. Let's consider that their loyalty is supposed to be in assisting and helping the citizens of the local community who come to their office. In my experiences with SMU Center for Family Counseling they did not follow their own mission statement that can be found on their own website: http://smu.edu/education/counseling/FamilyCounselingCenter/mission.asp. SMU Center for Family Counseling Mission: "To deliver developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling services for families, couples, adults, adolescents, and children undergoing varying life circumstances, while providing SMU graduate counseling students with meaningful training experience via supervised therapeutic interactions. Counseling services are designed to assist individuals and groups seeking to enhance their overall life functioning, interpersonal relationships, self understanding, and career satisfaction for optimal well being." The counselor intern graduate student who completed the intake tried to create a pretext (false reason) to treat me unfairly by writing brief but false and degrading information on my psychosocial assessment/screening after utilizing a bombardment of loaded questions. In addition to that the so-called director who goes by these initials S.F. was uncooperative, short with words, snide, selfish, and extremely insensitive to my concerns. She had absolutely no interest and a callous dismissiveness in regard to solving problems or providing useful advice. S.F. does not come across as a skilled professional social worker or a psychologist let alone an adequate supervisor. S.F. responds to questions in a snide, brusque, and arrogant manner which I find to be totally worthless. I'm wondering how such a snide person became licensed in the state of Texas. Her behaviors and attitudes seemed so hypocritical, at least in my experiences with her and at this SMU establishment. Furthermore, the SMU Center for Family Counseling's website has this information which was completely contradictory to my own experiences with them. This really comes across as bait and switch advertising; at least in my experiences with them: "When life seems difficult and you need a safe, confidential place to go, counseling may be the avenue to pursue...and we are here to help. The following list includes just some of the many issues that are commonly presented by individuals seeking counseling. ADD/ADHD Anxiety Behavior (opposition, defiance, aggression) Communication Depression Grief/Loss (divorce, death, moving) Peer Relationships Relations (family, couple, etc.) Self-Concept Stress Trauma" In conclusion I do not recommend SMU Center for Family Counseling in Plano, Texas. If you personally encounter severe problems, malpractice, or torts with them then you can always take it up with the ACLU, licensing boards, and the local media.

Actually I went to SMU Center for Family Counseling for anxiety and stress concerns which is what the center deals with according to their website and according to the discussions I had with the secretary named Tonda. The so-called director of the center named Dr. S. Feuerbacher, Ph.D., LCSW-S did not provide any type of diagnosis, testing, or even a hint about "serious issues". She did not refer me to get tested by a specialist and she did not make any specific specific comments about her decisions. Perhaps SMU Center for Family Counseling has some serious institutional issues of their own regarding dishonesty, bigotry, and perhaps worse?

Furthermore, the referrals she made were to a handful of counseling centers that offered basic counseling services which is more evidence to show that I am correct in my judgments about this situation.

In addition to that my writing is absolutely coherent; a person with "more serious issues" wouldn't even be able to type coherently. Apparently, SMU Center for Family Counseling has worthless, biased, and dishonest leadership. In my opinion it's nearly malpractice. Buyer beware.

An individual who wishes to file a complaint against a Licensed Professional Counselor may write to:

Complaints Management and Investigative Section P.O. Box 141369

Austin, Texas 78714-****

or call 1-80*-***-**** to request the appropriate form or obtain more information.

I truly mean no offense, but just reading your post makes me believe that you are perhaps suffering from some more serious issues that are not treated at this particular counseling center. You don't specify what kind of help you were looking for, but if I read your complaint correctly, it does seem that they were suggesting that you needed help that they weren't equipped to provide. Best of Luck.

View more comments (1)
ID
Haslet, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article