Poor workmanship due to spark plugs that I think the dealer should have replaced regardless since a new engine was being installed

My car was at Family Dodge in Philadelphia Pa for a engine replacement my warranty covered the cost of labor and sent a new replacement engine! What really bothered me was the way I received my vehicle back! I was told it needed spark plugs even prior to them swapping everything out but I knew those plugs only had a few hundred miles on them! Well I get my car back with a misfire in multiple cylinders!!! Service writer Shannon Hicks told me since I decline putting new plugs in that I would have to pay for a tuneup at a cost of $357.00 just to put new plugs in!! We'll I decline that I'm clearly irritated! I checked with parts the spark plugs cost $87.00 my warranty company just paid $3,300.00 for labor I paid $190.00 out of pocket! ! So I take the car pickup new plugs from Advance Auto cost me $337.00 for the exact Champion cooper top plugs! So let me say that the mechanic installed 3 plugs that the electrode was clearly smash no gap 1 plug the porcelain was broken off!! Unacceptable!!! I expected better I will tell my warranty company about this and to not recommend going there! Spark plugs installed car running like a new engine should be running!
ID
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pros
  • Engine
Cons
  • Service
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article