FAME - Student Loan Review

i graduated in May and have since received 1 bill from them and 1 nasty (honestly rude, totally unprofessional) letter stating i am 3 months behind in my payments and am about to be reported to credit bureaus. i called the number on the letter and paid my bill (i could hear other phone operators talking loudly in the background like a sweatshop). i have since been watching my mailbox for another bill from them... i got nothing and my due date was yesterday. i tried calling them yesterday and 3 times today and only get an answering service. they offer no way to pay the bill online and i dont feel comfortable sending money through the mail. its like they set you up for failure! these ppl are shady, so shady! so unprofessional!!
ID

FAME are loan sharks!

This company called FAME out of Florida supposedly provides low interest student loans. I went to a trade school, and had no choice but to use them. First, they billed me by the wrong name and address, and a year later when they finally managed to get it right-- it was right in their records-- they charged me late fees. Then, they tacked all kinds of fees on month after month, and when I refused to pay their fees-- which they could not explain to me-- they threatened to send it to collections. I paid it off immediately, IN FULL... and they still reported it to the credit bereaus. Experian investigated it, and wouldn't you know it... all of these fees and their mistakes don't show up in their records, neither does the fact that I paid it in full. On top of their unfairness, they were downright unnecessarily RUDE every time I called them, which was OFTEN. Nothing I can do. Loan sharks like these guys do NOT belong in the student loan business. If your school insists you take out a loan through them, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. All Utah College of Massage Therapy Family of Schools students BEWARE.

IThey have no way to view your bill online, no option to set up recurring payments, no option to receive bills in any way but snail mail. The website doesn't even make it obvious as to where to send student payments.

(For those wondering, it is under CONTACT) Contact is usually where the contact information is but on this antiquated system, it is where the student payment link is hiding. I have never seen a more unprofessional company and to think that they are handling my loan and financial information is terrifying.

i graduated in May and have since received 1 bill from them and 1 nasty (honestly rude, not professional at all) stating i am behind in my payments and am about to be reported to credit bureaus. i called the number on the letter and paid my bill (i could here other phone operators talking loudly in the background like a sweatshop).

its like they set you up for failure!

these ppl are shady, so shady! so unprofessional!

Plus without their # it's so hard to find them

Agreed, i'm dealing with them right now and they make it almost impossible to get information straight so the easiest solution is just to pay them what they ask

View more comments (3)
ID
Salt Lake City, Utah
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article