Its so astounding where do I start

I love the products repacage i went in for a facial last week and they were playing loud music videos instead of piano or spa music which was very distracting and hard to relax. The spa enviornment looks a bit sterile and not very relaxing it would have been much better to maybe have a few fountains and relaxing music. The girl that did my facial was very young and had quite a bit of makeup on. She was okay nothing to make a point to go in again. I believe that if they trained and changed enviornment a little better it may work-dont know that it will.
ID
Saint Louis, Missouri
Loss

Faceluxe is a horrible place to work as an esthetician

I endured monthes of harassment at this franchise spa finally leaving because I could not eat or sleep. The managers are typically uneducated 22-26 year olds who have never managed a business in their life. Even though I was experienced and they were fresh out of esthetics school, I endured so much hostility that I have filed a complaint with the EEOC. The young management staff delights in doing exactly what they want and I was treated so poorly my family could no longer take it. The good news is wait until they get the papers I filed reguarding working in a hostile work enviornment and discrimination. I have worked since I was 15, have a college degree and am a licensed esthetician yet I was forced to endure constant criticism while the manager and her buddies sat and made fun of me, wrote me up and refused to give me any clientele unless it happened to be a party for a crew of eight year olds. The most unprofessional group of people I have ever had the disgust to work with. I have a perfect record in every company I have ever worked for and was shocked by the behavior-when I asked to speak with the company headquarters manager-he (around 26) himself put me off and never acknowledged it again. Stay away from this place-high turnover and just the worst experience I have ever had. Maybe the lawsuit will open their eyes-guess you shouldnt have tried to save a few bucks by hiring inexperienced management-what a joke!

I was a Luxe slave at the Manchester, MO, location and you want to talk about the biggest group of clueless owners?

The husband would make inappropriate jokes about drugs to the employees and the wife was a freaking micro manager who would blame you, the therapist, for mistakes made by the front desk. Oh, and she would also expect you to babysit her daughter for free because she would leave her back there for hours unattended!

If she thought you were a problem, she'd purposely tell the front desk to freeze you out, so you'd quit vs firing you and have to give you unemployment.

You know that story about an Envy client having a horrendously bad experience in Chicago - the sexual molestation? Well, that happened at our clinic! The owner hired this guy who'd been let go from the Brentwood store, without doing a background check on him, just because she didn't like the manager at Brentwood. It turns out he had three *serious* complaints against him there for inappropriate contact and he repeated the pattern at Manchester!

I'm really surprised no one had reported this guy to the state board yet. We were "not supposed to talk about it" in case of legal action. I.e., they were just covering it up and pulling the guy from the schedule "until his references checked out..." is the official party line.

With owners that have no business being in the spa industry and a GM whose background is again, not even in the field, it was such a relief when I found a better job and moved forward.

I did not care for the rock music being played when I was trying to relax and would prefer spa music. Overall, my experience was good other than the music.

I have been there several times and have had a great experience every time I was there for waxing or a facial and completely disagree with the other comments. The staff treated me well and were all very professional and the manager is not 22.

It is obvious these comments are from a disgruntaled employee who is out to sue to get $. I find it hard to believe that these ladies sat there and made fun of you. Seriously, get a life. If you don't like your job or management then move on and spare everyone else.

Life is too short.

Way too many people are just sue happy. I suggest you give Faceluxe a try and you will agree it is a great place.

Take comments with a grain of salt.

You shouldnt be so bold to blast Faceluxe as a whole just because you didnt care for your mngt while working in Central West End.

#341953

I went to get a facial and was treated awful as a customer, very unfriendly staff-the manager of the location I went to was talking to one of the girls there-I told the girl that was to wax me to just forget it-I did not like the negative uncaring reguard for me as a client -take your business to those that are welcoming! The way that they treat their staff is not surprising-it shows

#341947

I have witnessed this esthetician be literally in tears with this group-such a shame because the business she could have brought to these jokers is way more than they could have ever imagined-good thing she is opening her own place!

View more comments (5)
ID
Saint Louis, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article