F1 Race Factory in Phoenix is not safe! Beware!

I recently went with some friends and family to F1 Race Factory in Phoenix, Az for my birthday. While go-kart racing, a driver spun out in front of me and I slammed in to her doing approximately 40-45 mph. I was seat-belted with a helmet but still fractured a rib in the accident. It felt like I was hit with a sledge hammer. The staff was very nice and accommodating to me afterwards but I have now been out of work for a week and was told it may take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. It is a nightmare! I have to sleep sitting up and every task is a challenge. You sign a liability waiver before you race and I spoke with the General Manager who told me they have no insurance to cover racing accidents. I want people to think twice before going or letting their children race. Even if you are a cautious, experienced driver you are subject to the careless behavior of other drivers. Please don't make the mistake I made in believing F1 Race Factory is a safe place.
#419957

You could have not raced. There are dangers, obviously.

This is like saying "don't climb rocks, I fell off once." They warned you it could be dangerous, and that you could be injured. They didn't everything required to keep you safe (Helmet, race suits, and ever a SAFTEY VIDEO you have to watch before you go and race). Stop your whining and deal with it. You got hurt, big whoop.

I was in a 5 kart pileup, ramming a guy that bowed up in front of me and getting hit in the back by 3 OTHER KARTS.

I kept racing.

And I'm a girl. It's posts like these that hurt good businesses.

Jc2011,

I am very sorry to hear about your injury. We spoke earlier on the phone and as I mentioned before we are not responsible for your or other racers actions on the race track. F1 Race Factory has a very safe and respecatble reputation. We do everyhting we can to provide a safe and fun racing environment including the following:

Racer Saftey Video – Instructional video that goes over proper driving technique, how to operate a kart, flag definititions, etc.

Provide Safety Equipmanet – Free helmet and race suit rental, all karts have bumpers, seatbelts, and roll bars, all walls and poles have barriers and padding.

Additional Safety Features – Track marashalls watch races to ensure proper racing etiquite and traffic lights on the track inform racers if there are any incidents on the track.

I wish you a very speedy recovery and again we are very sorry to hear about your incident.

JP Mullan – General Manager, F1 Race Factory

Sloppy Joe: I do not consider this an "accidental occurance". I feel the high speeds and lack of padding in the vehicles led to my injury.

Yes it could always be worse but not being able to provide an income for my family for potentially the next month or two is pretty bad. I think parents should know of this before they allow their children to race and this is the exact type of website for my complaint.

Phast Freddie: I was not made aware of the padding available for side protection, it was never diclosed to me that that was an option. I did fit fine in the seat. The staff was very nice.

The fact I hit her was entirely not my fault unless you expect an unrealistic reaction time or the ability to predict the future. The racers were ultra competative- this lady cause 2 other drivers to spin out and was never pulled from the race.

Small town angel: Comparing a friendly bear hug accident to a preventable injury from a company that charges lots of money to put you in a dangerous scenario seems like quite the stretch.

Now, if your friend advertised and made a living off of his bear hugs and injured you in the process, that would be a different story. By all means I hope you would notify others considering his bear hugs about your injury.

"you sign a liability waiver before you race." Well then how does that make this place unsafe? You signed the paper, you raced.

So if they require a safety waiver then you have the choice NOT to race if you feel there is a risk or danger.

Yeah I know how broken ribs feel, I got one from a friends bear hug...but didn't blame him and didn't stop giving my friends hugs. It was an accident.

I have been an F1 fanatic for years and I have had no issue with the safety of their karts. I have raced at all the tracks in the valley and F1 are by FAR the safest with the most attentive staff.

(at Speed Street nobody even watches the race!!).

They also have seat cushions available if you don't fit in the seat properly which gives you extra side impact protection. Yes there is always the issue of having to navigate around other public racers but if you hit her going sideways, that sounds like your fault, not hers...

There is always a danger involved in racing go karts - especially ones that go that fast. This is hardly the web page for an accidental occurrence. Be happy - it could have been a lot worse that just cracked ribs.

View more comments (5)
ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article