Tsuruko Dyx

Help for eyes

Excellent customer service!!! Very nice and guaranteed customer service to make my vision exactly correct

User's recommendation: Great

Christine H Xnx

Wanted glasses straightened digging in nose

Stopped to to have this done. Have always had a woman who took my glasses and said lets see what we can do. Today I had a man who looked at my glasses as though they were foreign objects. Well I don't know I could put on new pads. Don't tell me just fix them. He seemed uninterested. I bought them at Eyeland and I had a problem at the beginning and I need new glasses so I thought maybe I can still get new ones there. I am now considering my options as they do not have an interest in fixing them. They are wonderful glasses without much problems. So I still have them digging in my nose so I will have to find another Eyeland to fix this annoying and hurtful problem.. I was disappointed.

Preferred solution: Fixing this today would have made me stay as a customer

User's recommendation: be careful great glasses. poor services .In the beginning they put my sunglass lenses in my new frame and new glasses were put in old frame. They had to fix that

Lucero T

Feeling hurt

A woman at Potssvile, PA Eyeland, Lisa Marie, was rude but mostly just arrogant. She ignored us when we asked her to please call our insurance regarding a "Prior approval form" because it wasn't "her job". Our insurance told us they needed them to call, not us. I told her this but her demeanor was cold. Told me we needed to get the form to her. No compassion at all. My husband drives for a living and two months short of when the insurance would pay for a vision test, he found he could no longer see. All she had to do was care about our situation, fill the necessary form, and get him an appointment. It's sad how she can disassociate herself from just doing her job and that to help people has become a hassle to her. Sad. Maybe she needs to re evaluate and care.
Guest

It's not her job. At our company, that means she's not allowed to do it or there is someone else who is supposed to.

Don't just assume that everyone you encounter has equal authority or duties.

She probably should have said " that is Mr. Hack's job " or "I'll have to turn this over to my supervisor" but I think you're being harsh.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1580952

Unfortunately the insurance company did specify that the customer cannot fax the form needed, that it is the responsibility of Eyeland Optical to do so. So yes, you can research this yourself before you post this claim.

Also, despite this, my issue was mostly the rude way she went about it. From the second she spoke, before I even explained the situation, she was just horribly arrogant. Very, very rude.

I noticed that there are several reviews that specifically attest to the incredibly rude customer service there. Am not the only one.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Bad Reputation Around Town

The people who work here are known to be rude. Several years ago I called ahead to schedule an appointment and asked what I needed to bring as far as insurance information. I brought exactly what they asked for and then they acted annoyed at having to look something up on the computer. Then I had to ask to get my cards and other information returned to me, as they were misplaced. I got an exam and then the guy behind the counter, I can't remember his name, showed me what options were available as far as frames and lenses. He kept trying to push all the highest priced things on me, even though he knew my insurance barely covered the lenses and exam. I wasn't buying a car, but he acted like your typical salesmen. I don't know if they work for commission, but I wanted quality care, not somebody trying to make a sale. My ex - wife used to work here and my daughter sometimes came into this office. She said the same guy is pretty much rude to everyone. I didn't appreciate the treatment I received so I went somewhere else to get frames.
Edward R Gdw

Wrong information, descimination

Paid over 1,100 for two pair of glasses and was told I didn't pay for protection and I know for a fact I did. These people pick who they are gonna help and who they won't. A
Edward R Gdw

Bad business practices.

They had a little huddle off to the side then said I didn't pay for extra coverage when I know I did because of how I am with glasses. Just happened today 7/25/18. They refused to replace broken frames
map-marker Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Phone call to set up appt.

Called several times to set up en eye exam. Jamie, who answered the phone, was rude both times. I have been going to Eyeland for 20 years maybe. I will never go back there again. I work in customer service. There is NO REASON to be rude!! If you don't like your job then get another one!!

Eyeland Optical Sales Representative Review

The nice lady helped me find an amazing pair of glasses and treated me with lots of respect. Definitley will come back.
Good customer service
map-marker Catawissa, Pennsylvania

Buyers beware you must purchase a Warrenty

I usually don't go to eyeland but because my daughter need glasses for school and I couldn't get in to my local place. I decided to give this place a chance. I two had an exam and bought a pair of glasses on April 28 and received them in May. Usually when I buy glasses it comes with any where from a 90 day to a 6 months warranty. I assume eyeland was the same, my mistake, anyway I only wear these glasses when I'm on the computer and when not in use they are in the case. Here we are in September and the lens came off. I took them back to the store and basically was told all they can do was sell me a new pair. Are you kidding me? Why in the world would I buy another pair of glasses. Not only that but I'm sure they would try to sell me a warranty. Customer service here is awful. The sales rep could careless and it showed. I will never purchase from this store again. Since I'm in the medical field and this town is small I promise to let patient in our offices and the other Doctor offices we deal with the type of service I received here. I may not get my glass fix but I will make sure as many people as I can know the type of service they will receive here.
Cons:
  • Customer service
samdoggett
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Do Not GO HERE!!

I went to the eyeland optical in pottsville to have an eye exam and get glasses. The exam and fitting went great. They told me i had to pay for my glasses and bill upfront before i could get them so i paid for everything. I didn't have eye insurance so i paid 200 dollars for everything. Two weeks went by and i finally got my glasses after they said it would only take 5 to 7 days. Everything was great with my glasses and i was happy until about a week ago when i get a bill in the mail. Now just to let you know it has been 4 months since i got my glasses and just to remind you i didnt have insurance and paid everything up front. I call the eye place and ask them what the bill is for and they said that my insurance didn't pay for everything and i owe them another 100 dollars. I kindly reminded the man on the phone that i didn't have insurance and i paid for everything that day and even had the paper they gave me that stated in plain english that everything was paid for. he very rudely said that i owed them another 100 dollars and that if i didn't pay it they were going to report me. I told the man that i would come up there with the paper and we would sort it out. I got up there 20 minutes later and they said that they had everything taken care of and i didn't owe them anything. So i left and a week goes by. Today i wake up this morning and i have a very nasty voicemail on my phone telling me that i haven't paid them the 175 dollars i now owe them and that they have reported me for failure to pay. I called them back and told the manager of the store that i was up there a week ago with my reciept and was told that i didn't have to pay anything and that it was their mistake. The manager told me that he didn't know who i talked to but he said that i owed money. So this time i went up there with my lawyer and proceeded to be told that i still owed 175 dollars for my glasses and that i didnt pay for everything that day and that if i didn't pay not only was i reported but i was also going to have the cops called on me for being rude and verbally abusive. Now i am telling you the truth when i tell you that not once have i been rude in any way and i am not a rude person. I am a mother to two children and could not afford to pay them the money that day. my lawyer stated that she wanted in writing what i was paying for. they couldnt come up with any kind of paperwork as to what i owed them another 175 dollars for. my lawyer told them that i refused to pay them and that she would be looking into a lawsuit. i really dont want to take that route but i refuse to be treated like garbage. stay away from eyeland optical!!!
Loss:
Guest

I went to the eyeland optical in Pottsville for the first time and i waited 2 weeks for my glasses. I went yesterday to picked them up and they weren't the glasses i picked.

They had sent the wrong ones. I am very angry. She then said "Well you can wear these until yours come in". Those aren't close to the ones i paid for!!!

Now i have to wait another 2 weeks!! Never going back there again.

Their selection of glasses werent great. I prefer Lindsey eyecare in Wyomissing

Guest

Do Not Go to these People! They are Thieves!

Go to Eye Glass Stores that are Recognized to Conduct their Business with Integrity & Customer Satisfaction! After buying glasses that cost $658.00 they wanted another $350.00 to replace original glasses I purchased that Fell Off my Face! Ha! What a Slap in the face to Hard Working People!!

Who in their life pays $1000.00 for a pair of Eye Glasses.

Guest

Are agree with you that Eyeland stinks. I have been going to Eyeland for over 5 years now and the last time I was there I was told that 5 or 6 days would be the longest time for my new glasses to be available.

It was almost 2 weeks and finally I called them and told them I was leaving on vacation the next day and wanted to know why my glasses were not ready. They said the lens and frames were in their office but no one had the time to put them together. I told them that I would be to their office in Shamokin Dam in one hour and the glasses better be ready for me to pick up. When I got there they were working on them and I finally got them after waiting another 1/2 hour.

Now for my newest complaint--I called Eyeland in Shamokin Dam to make an appointment for an exam and new glasses over a week ago. I was given an appointment for Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:00. I walked in around 9:50 and the guy at the counter asked my name and I told him. He said "Oh we've been calling you to tell you that the Dr had an emergency 3 days ago.

I told him that I was home or someone was there at all times and he still said they kept calling. I have an answering machine and they also had my cell phone number. My answering machine had no messages and they never tried my cell phone. I asked what number they were calling and he looked on the computer and repeated my home phone number.

I live in a different area code and said to him "I bet you were calling the 570 area code instead of 717. Of course he denied it. I also have caller ID on my home phone and when I got home I checked to see if they did indeed call and the ONLY call from them was that morning at 9:41 am and my appointment was for 10 am. Please keep in mind that I live almost an hour away in Millerstown PA.

I just turned around and walked out of there and went to Wal-Mart and made another appointment there. I used to go to Wal-Mart but changed to Eyeland because they had better prices.

Boy, was that a *** move. I agree with this other person--DON'T GO TO EYELAND-----------EVER!!!

They are idiots!!

I've been back and forth 3 times at the practice in Ephrata and my glasses are still not right!! Can't see out of them and they said. "Take them your eyes will adjust"

I didn't take them and I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau if I don't get a full refund.

Guest

Doesn't sound like the same Eyeland I went to. I got an exam, new glasses and sunglasses, and only had to pay $38 on top of my insurance. And they did all the insurance paperwork, ran it thru and told me what was up. I was kind of surprised the eye doctor only took 10 minutes for my exam. The eye doctor I used to go to took at least 45 minutes, and that was after waiting an half hour in the lobby. Eyeland's doctor was fast, efficient and told me exactly what was going on. I did have to pay the $38 when I ordered my glasses, no big deal -- they came in in 5 days. I usually have a hard time finding frames I like - especially sunglasses. But I found them right away, and in the cheapest price level.

I would give them a try. I think someone just had a bad day. :)

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-592248

you had insurance - the other guy didn't. Makes a world of difference when you have a big company backing you up.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-685137

Just read the whole story about other "guy" - sorry, I now see it was a woman. That could explain some of it too, even in this day and age.

Good for her, taking a lawyer.

And to Waynesburg comment - just had a bad day?

This woman has had to chase around for months now. Doesn't sound like a "bad day" to me.

View more comments (6)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article