Do not buy Eyeglasses from this site!

I purchased a pair of Ernest Hemingway eyeglass frames from Eyeglassesdirect.com a few months ago. The frames literally fell apart three months later when I picked them up off my nightstand. ThOne of the stems detached from the frames. I took them in to an optomitrist to be repaired and was told they were irrepairable. I decided to contact the online store I bought them from to get a refund or replacement. After sending them in I spoke to the manager of the store. I told him what happened and he told me that the frames were irreplaceable and not refundable. His whole attitude talking to me was condescending and rude. He claimed the glasses were not returnable because- and I paraphrase here- they were obviously stepped on or sat on. This had not happened and I told him so. He told me I was lying and hung up on me. Incredible! Do not buy glasses from this place!

I surprised & shocked after reading this review coz I placed an order for my prescription glasses from eyeglasses123.com. I read the comment and found review was written for eyeglassesdirect not eyeglasses123.com.

I have received my glasses on last Friday, it was nicely packed and delivered before time. I strongly recommend eyeglasses123 for the quality product, quick response and their membership benefits.

Eyeglasses123 is NOT the same company as EyeglassesDirect. This review would be much more helpful under the company that actually made you angry, and is unfair to the company that didn't.

View more comments (1)
ID
Brooklyn, New York
Loss

EYEGLASSES123.COM

Eyeglasses123.com is an AWFUL company. They are extremely slow in sending out orders and do not respond to customers. It took them 15 days from charging my card (Dec. 2, 2010) to sending out the glasses that where a stock pair of sunglasses no special lenses necessary. I ordered them with expedited shipping to get them to my sister by her birthday Dec 16. That should have been plenty of time. I tried to contact them their customer service department to find out why they had not arrived by Dec 12. Their phone number for customer support is an answering machine and they have not returned my call or responded to my emails, I sent them 5 days ago Dec 12.

I ordered Essilor invisible bifocals from eyeglasses123.com. I heard Essilor :( makes good lenses.

When the glasses arrived, I couldn't see well. I took them to an optician in my neighborhood. He said that I didn't get Essilor bifocals. I got something much cheaper, called a Navigator.

He told me they're one of the cheapest lenses on the market. I felt ripped off.

I returned the glasses and got my money back. DO NOT GET PRESCRIPTION LENSES FROM THEM!

@PissedConsumer665193

I forgot to mention, they also didn't pay for return shipping. Will never buy from eyeglasses123.com again.

I just ordered some Persol's from eyeglasses123.com so we'll see how it goes. I ordered the 2747s and there price was about 15 dollars cheaper than anyone. I hope it goes well, I will report my experience..

Eric.

This company is terrible. Can you even call it customer service when it's an answering machine??

Once they get your $ they don't respond. STAY AWAY!!

This is a terrible company. Once they get your $ they don't care.

Slow and unresponsive. STAY AWAY!!

Same thing happened to me. Over 3 weeks to receive my glasses.

The President of company lied to me saying they would ship next day when I finally was able to talk to someone, but they shipped 5 days later!! Horrible customer service and a President that lies to customers. They also refused to pay return shipping on the partial order they shipped, despite not fulfilling the entire order.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They lie and have horrible customer service!

I had a question about my order too, not that I ordered the wrong thing, but wanted to make sure I ordered the RIGHT thing. also left a message but they did get back to me.

Super nice girl I talked to. I felt kinda bad for them though because they are doing their best to answer all our calls and get back to us.

I'm sure leaving 8 messages doesn't help because they have to spend the time to listen to them all, where as one message would still get the job done. Either way, their site still has the best prices out there and until they fix their customer service staffing issues, to me, they are still the best value place to buy my glasses.

I made a order to sunglasses123 and as soon as I made the order I looked at the invoice and saw I made a terrible mistake. I ordered polarized lens (sunglasses) instead of transition lens for my reading glasses.

I tried contacting eyeglasses123 over the phone right away and just got the answering machine. I have left 8 messages not to mention numerous emails to try and stop them before they made them to correct the order. I have recieved the glasses of course still wrong and I have not heard from anyone or a email or anything to try and fix this. I tried contacting you, Mike Mann but strangely enough I got the same answering machine that I have 8 messages on again :roll If anyone can help or knows of anything I can do to get this fixed it would be really helpful.

I know it was my mistake but if they had gotten back to me it would be no issue. I spent over 200$ with this company and I expect better service for that kind of money.

I'm from Eyeglasses123.com and want to apologize.

I know who this customer is and we did drop the ball.

The item went to backorder and we did not notify him. We have really great prices and we did not anticipate the volume of business we received this holiday. We were terribly understaffed and our customer service department had a really hard time keeping up. We are working on getting more help and are working really hard, so we can offer our customers the service that they need and expect.

My Name is Mike Mann, president of Eyeglasses123.com and I can be reached Toll Free (877) 411 **** to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks

Aw man that sucks. I had a good experience with them though.

I got mine within the time and called just to make sure, but they aren't a big company so thats prob why they have good prices. Duno whats better- faster or cheaper?

View more comments (10)
ID
#212034 Review #212034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pomona, California

About

Eyeglasses123 Return Policy
To read more: https://www.eyeglasses123.com/return-policy.html
Eyeglasses123 Delivery Policy
To read more: https://www.eyeglasses123.com/shipping-policy.html
Eyeglasses123 Terms of Service
The User's access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon The Customer's acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service The User agree to be bound by these Terms. If The User of Website disagree with any part of the terms then The User of company services do not have permission to access the Service. By creating an Account on Eyeglasses123's' service, The User agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information Eyeglasses123 may send. However, The User may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from The Company by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email Eyeglasses123 send. If The Client of Eyeglasses123 wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service ("Purchase"), The Customer may be asked to supply certain information relevant to The Customer's Purchase including, without limitation, The Client's credit card number, the expiration date of The User's credit card, The Customer's billing address, and The Customer's shipping information.
To read more: https://www.eyeglasses123.com/termandcondition.html
Eyeglasses123 Privacy Policy
This page informs The Customer of Eyeglasses123's' policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when The User of Website use Company's Service. www.eyeglasses123.com will not use or share The Customer's information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Policy. Website use The User's Personal Information for providing and improving the Service. By using the Service, The User agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. While using Eyeglasses123's' Service, www.eyeglasses123.com may ask The Customer to provide Eyeglasses123 with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify The Client of Eyeglasses123 Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, The Client's email address, name, phone number, postal address, other information ("Personal Information"). Website collect this information for the purpose of providing the Service, identifying and communicating with The Client responding to The Customer's requests/inquiries, servicing The User's purchase orders, and improving Company's services.
To read more: https://www.eyeglasses123.com/privacypolicy.html
Eyeglasses123 FAQ
The Company only sell authentic merchandise. The User of Website have 30 days to make sure The Client love The User's new frames. www.eyeglasses123.com have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The User of company services are buying from Licensed Optician's and Optometrist's who understand The Client's needs and genuinely care about The Customer's finished pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses. Eyeglasses123's' optician's review every prescription order the same way www.eyeglasses123.com do it in Company's own store to make sure the frame selection is the right choice for The User's prescription. All of Company's products are in stock. Eyeglasses123 usually ship the same day. Most prescription lenses usually take an additional 1 to 2 days. Every item The Company sell on Company's site is purchased directly from the licensed frame manufacturer for that brand. Many of the items Website sell on Company's site are purchased at the end of the season from the manufacturer. When buying this way and in large volume The Company are able to negotiate for much better prices.
To read more: https://www.eyeglasses123.com/faq.html
Summary

Eyeglasses123 is a place where everyone can find and buy original designer eyeglasses for any goal. The shop offers eyeglasses and sunglasses for kids, men and women, as well as unisex eyewear with different frame shapes, styles, materials and colours. Its prices are ranged from 1 to 200 and more dollars for one item. Eyeglasses123’s web-site has special frame finder which buyers can use choosing the frame that will fit their faces and images.
Buyers who choose Eyeglasses123 for shopping get such benefits as good selection, savings on low prices, access to authentic designer brands, enjoyable shopping experience with free shipping for all orders over $99 and high quality customer service.

Eyeglasses123 reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article