ExtraTorrent

Last week, I subscribed to ExtraTorrent for the download of audio and visual materials. I was surprised to find that my credit card was billed for $69.95. ExtraTorrent is a free service. The ID number that you sent me is 021215****000010169. I called the phone number supplied in your email. The service representative was courteous and recommended that I contact ExtraTorrent. In doing so, they reconfirmed that their service is free. Who charged my account and how are they linked to ExtraTorrent? I would like to dispute the charge with the company that charged me. Would you be able to supply their number.
ID
Bolingbrook, Illinois

ExtraTorrent billing

I got billed under ID number: 021215****000010169. On the email from your company posted on May 116th or 17th, I was billed for an unknown service. I contacted the phone number on your email and was told by one of your staff to call back to the vendor who would have charged me. In contacting ExtraTorrent, they have no idea what the billing relates to as they do not charge for anything. Also, the email you sent to me has disappeared off of my email system. What vendor billed me and how do they tie into ExtraTorrent on which the original transaction appeared to originate?

Did the email that you received offer a link you could click to view information regarding the alleged transaction? If it did, where you prompted to enter information to verify your identity such as bank info, credit card numbers or maybe a social security number?

If this was the sort of email you encountered then it is likely someone fishing. If you did not click any links, and did not provide any information it is very likely that nothing will come of it although I would still contact your bank or credit card company to alert them of a possible bogus charge that could be coming through.

If you did provide any of the aforementioned information either via the link or on the phone with the companies you spoke with it would be a very good idea to request a temporary freeze on any account that you gave information on. I would also immediately check those accounts to make sure they have not already been compromised or cleaned out.

Please understand that I am not trying to scare you, I’m just trying to help. You may already know all about this type of scam but just incase you are one of the many who don’t, I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Good luck to you.

ID
Bolingbrook, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article