Dentist/Extortionist refused service to Black female with dental benefits

Dr. Han was combative, condescending, intolerant, money hungry, and unprofessional. He displayed a total lack of empathy. He revealed a negative disregard for Delta Dental (DD) and mocked their supervisor and procedures. He refused to listen and said I was foolish to think DD cared. He said DD was not interested in putting money into his pocket. Office manager, Lisa Nicholson established my benefits were excellent at 100% for procedures. I encouraged Dr. Han to use procedures and codes covered by DD rather than use dummy codes he knew they would not pay. This guy cheats patients by forcing them to pay upfront because the dummy codes he submits takes time to investigate. If he submits legitimate codes that DD would pay, he has to wait for payment. He is not only money hungry, is impatient! Dr. Han repeatedly claimed Delta Dental did not pay him and insisted on payment from me. I reiterated that my coverage has always paid for procedures. He used an angry and aggressive tone as he insisted that I must pay or else he would not treat my dental emergency. I stated I was not prepared to pay out-of-pocket. He abruptly took off his gloves, stood up and walked away. If I had hundreds of dollars to pay out of pocket for dental services, I wouldn't need dental insurance. The benefit of having insurance -- whether it’s dental, auto, home, life, or liability -- is so I won't have to struggle to pay large sums out of pocket. Dr. Han sent in Lisa to escort me out to the lobby where she insisted that I could not reschedule unless I agreed to pay upfront. She gave some codes that she claimed Delta wouldn’t pay at 100%. I asked why the office was anti-patient satisfaction by not cooperating and working to do procedures and use codes acceptable by DD. I phoned DD who verified the codes given by Lisa were typically covered at 100%. I walked in with a cracked tooth, pain and discomfort. I left with a cracked tooth, pain, discomfort, and a headache from being subjected to a mentally distressful ordeal fueled by a bigot who never wanted to provide services to me! I drove more than two hours one way in early morning traffic and it cost about $25 in gas. Dr. Han was used a disrespectful and patronizing tone, behaviors, and speech and exhibited a pompous attitude. He subjected me to racial micro-aggressions that strongly suggested he did not trust or want to provide services to a Black female.

I'm a white male with black friends and know discrimination exists in businesses. More blacks and minorities need to speak up when a business wrongs them.

Is this the same dentist you just wrote a review about several minutes ago or yet another? If it's another dentist, just how many race cards do you have?

Did Obama up your monthly allotment? :?

@Greenley

Your racist attitude proves the dentist's suspected racist attitude is an ongoing problem in America.

In case you're unintelligent enough to realize this, in America there was a Civil Rights Movement from1954 to 1968.

In 1963, the House introduced the Civil Rights Act. In 1964, this act was passed by the House and the Senate. On July 2, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which makes racial discrimination a Federal crime.

Remember, an African American man who is the President of the United States of America resides in the White House.

Show your respect by referring tohim as Mr . President or President Obama.

@PissedConsumer815991

Are you by chance the same person who wrote these two reviews?

I see both dentists are from the same area of Virginia. It would be a shame if someone were to forward both links to both dentists.

I wonder how all those accusations would play out in court during a libel lawsuit?

Using "anonymous" won't do much good...all both dentists need to do is compare notes.

Even worse, I don't believe that the complaint can be deleted or edited.

No way to take back all that detailed information given. :sigh

Now THAT is something to be stressed and lose sleep over.

Will you be sleeping well tonight?

View more comments (3)
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article