Nonresponsive customer service. Bogus charges to prepaid 800#

I will corroborate the above complaint details against express800.com . They are a pay-as-you-go 800# service, or they used to be. Customer service is now nonexistent. From my experience dealing in the world of online businesses, if I had to guess, I would say that it is now run by an individual who operates on a shoestring budget and is completely hands off... just collecting money. Absolutely unprofessional and nonresponsive. Sometime in early 2014, they had issues with their backend system and moved their customers to another admin system altogether. About this time, my 800# started to receive numerous spam calls in the middle of the night (for which you are charged of course the 1 min. rate). This did not happen in the prior 2 years of service. Most notably, in late 2014, I had noticed charges for several calls in the middle of the night, which their call history showed lasted anywhere from 30min - 90minutes each. These were calls that our business obviously did not take as we are not running a 24/7 operation, let alone speaking with customers for an hour and a half at 3am. Of course, I contacted the 'company' to look into the bogus charges and absolutely no response has been forthcoming. I would presume that their backend has numerous security loopholes that are easy to breach, or they are, themselves, using their customers lines for their own purposes. This is speculation, of course, but they are now a very shady operation. Don't waste your money getting involved with them. Absolute garbage, useless website (wouldn't call them a company they are nothing but a money sink).
ID
San Jose, California
Cons
  • Bogus charges to the account
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article