I got scammed!

Avoid Exclusive Platinum Travel or any business at 140 E Bay St in Charleston SC. They operate under different names. But once you pay for their proposed services, they do not provide what they promise and are impossible to contact to address the problem. They also claim a A+ rating from BBB when they are not even accredited and are rated F from the complaints BBB has received
ID
Cons
  • There is no way to contact them to rectify situations
  • Tell outright lies during presentation
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Their promises at the presentation are not kept. They present as a A+ BBB rated business when in fact they have an "F" rating.

Update by user Feb 13, 2021

I still have not heard from Exclusive Platinum Travel. Nor have the BBB or the South Carolina agencies I have reported this to.

When I call the numbers given, either they are disconnected or the call goes to Voice Mail which never results in a response. I was contacted by People's Court for further info. They would consider the case. But again they were unable to contact EPT.

I have not given up my efforts to make others aware of this scam even though I may never get reimbursed for being stupid enough to buy into it! I will file in Small Claims Court when they are again in session.

But that too will probably result in failure. I am in the process of informing my elected officials questioning why these people are allowed to operate in the state of South Carolina.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2021
Exclusive Platinum Travel is nothing but a costly scam. I signed a contract on Feb 3, 2020 in Charleston SC contingent on their ending my membership with Bluegreen Travel which after 12 years of membership has become too demanding for our travel capabilities. This additional service cost an additional $1300. It is now Dec, 3, 2020. The only contact I have had with them is on August 28 I received a call from Brandon Oliver, a rep of theirs who was at first very rude but in the end promised swift action on the removal from Bluegreen. The only reason he called was to complain about my filing a complaint with BBB and get me to remove said complaint which I did based on his promise of quick action. Nothing has happened since. I have received another annual bill from Bluegreen which I will have to pay. When small claims courts are again in session, I plan on suing EPT for the total $7500 spent on this scam. I wanted to check with the attorney they employed to address the problem. They cannot give me any info due to confidentiality...even though I paid $1300. Avoid them like they were nuclear waste unless you want to experience many unnecessary problems. They did all this while claiming to have an A+ rating with BBB which is also a lie. Why does the state of SC allow these scams to operate without stricter regulation and the ability to cancel and get a refund when all services paid for are not provided as agreed? Stricter regulation should be in place.

User's recommendation: Avoid them. Do not get involved in one of their presentations in which they make false promises.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article