Sarah F Nwb

Verified Reviewer

Customer service is the worst

I had to talk to 5 different people for them to tell me my compounded drug is not covered. The claim denial letters sent in the mail gave a bunch of different vague reasons that had nothing to do with the real reason! They say it required a preauthorization, but how would I know that? And now I can't get a preauthorization for the next time this drug is refilled, it has to go through some appeals process which was vaguely explained. The first person I talked to on the phone was not helpful at all and told me just to guess and resubmit. I tried to email back and get a supervisor involved to save some of my time, but they said supervisors can't email! What the heck is that?! Then the supervisor I spoke to on the phone was the rudest person I've ever met-- kept interrupting me when I was trying to answer the QUESTIONS HE ASKED. My medical claims for out of network are taking MONTHS to get processed. Denied claims mysteriously disappear from the website. Now I'm on chat because I can't find some basic info on the website about the current state of my benefits, and the person is completely ignoring me, and the software tries to disconnect you after 5 minutes! This is the worst health care company (and maybe even business in general) I've ever worked with for customer "service". This is what happens when your employer can choose your healthcare for you.
Pros:
  • I have insurance i guess
Cons:
  • Dont tell you the real reason claims are denied
  • Bad customer service
  • Dont tell you when something needs preauthorization

User's recommendation: Just keep calling, don't bother with chat or email. Ask to speak to a supervisor and write down every detail of what they say. Print out all your documents bc they will disappear.

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Brands Related to Excellus BlueCross BlueShield

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article