Trej

Worse Management Company

I have been dealing with leaks in my apartment for over 18 months and they are no where close to having the leaks fixed. Management doesn't seem to care and maintenance is just to clueless to care and the outside contractors they use are no better.

They have gotten three ceiling around on my home and they have yet to fix anything to stop my leaks. You can email them to the cows come home yet they never send you replies.

They will however tow your vehicle for simply parking in backward, petty issues and things of that nature yet fail repeatedly to address on-site crime or poor management staff and horrible complex conditions. Management is super unprofessional and the list just cold go one for days.

Poor Management and faulty ceiling

To the Jewish Owners.... don't turn your cheek away

This is the first time I deal with a Management Team that is a money collector and not management focused. It's unfortunate to see that the owners of the business claim to be people of faith and yet they have employees who can care less about the filth and living conditions.

You (owners) are equally responsible if you are aware and do not do anything to change this environment.

It's heartbreaking and infuriating!

To those working in this company, if you are just a paycheck collector, you to will one day be held accountable for your character and your professional inadequacy. We, tenants are HUMAN BEINGS, we should be treated with respect and nothing less!

For all tenants...raise your voices with any concern and document it all.

Cons:
  • Management ethics
  • Managers attitude when speaking to me
Guest

Finally this!! Excel management is absolutely horrible!!!!

Many tenants are treated very poorly this is coming from Sacramento CA Atrium Court appointment homes absolutely horrible!

The current Manager named Tina is very rude yells and is just no good!!! Why is this property even around

Oliver Jkm

Tenants Rights Violated by Excel Residential Services, Inc in Los Angeles

Tenants Rights Violated by Excel Residential Services, Inc in Los Angeles
Tenants Rights Violated by Excel Residential Services, Inc in Los Angeles - Image 2
Tenants Rights Violated by Excel Residential Services, Inc in Los Angeles - Image 3
Updated by user Apr 04, 2017

The Saga continues today - April 4th at 6:40PM I heard loud knocking on my door when I looked out the peephole it was the Assistant Community Manager. I opened the door and she said she came to deliver papers.

I asked what type of papers? My rent was paid on March 31st so what is this? One paper was typed and backed dated to March 27, 2017 and the other was an envelope hand written addressed to me with "Hand Delivered" on the front. I asked The Assistant Manager what was this and why was I getting this?

I also asked if I was the only tenant that received this hand delivered document. She replied "Yes" thereafter I told her to tell her Manager this is entering the borders of harassment which will not be tolerated. The fact that I'm the only tenant receiving this letter looks like you're targeting me. I took the letter and looked at it saw that it was signed by the Regional Supervisor and back dated to March 27, 2017 but hand delivered on April 4, 2017.

The fact that they are back dating documents and hand delivering them after the fact is an admission of guilt. In their sorry attempt to cover their tracks; I walked to the office at 6:50PM and hand delivered the documents to the Property Manager and told her to given them back to the Regional Supervisor who sent them. I also let them know that my rent is paid - I park on the streets and I'm entitled to quiet enjoyment so STOP THE HARASSMENT! Don't send anyone else to my door with papers!

The Property Manager tried to cover up with the explanation that I was the only one that questioned the new parking rules this is why she responded to me. I replied if she was concerned about me and the other tenants she would have responded to the initial email sent on March 11th.

After several emails and phone calls that were never answered by this Regional Supervisor it sure seems suspect at best that she decided to respond today! Could it be that the slumlords are attempting to cover their tracks?

Original review Mar 31, 2017

Tenants at The Park at Country Place Apartments in Houston, TX managed by Excel Residential Services, Inc. are being forced to park on the street.

On March 9th the manager left notices on tenants doors stating that Towing would start March 31 and tenants must come to the office to pick up permit on March 23 and 24th. It also stated that tenants must provide a copy of their current car insurance otherwise they would not be issued a permit to park. I notified Excel Residential Services, Inc owned by Pinkal Jogani in a letter that provided proof according to Texas Property Code 92.0131 that it is illegal to ask for car insurance not to mention an invasion of privacy. Excel Residential Services never responded.

Fast Forward to March 24 when I arrived to the office for my permit the manager of the property directed me and other tenants to a back room where they had a tow company employee taking tenant information. I refused to give a tow company employee my car insurance and last four of my VIN# and she replied "no insurance" no permit. I have a pre-existing lease that Excel has breached and now all tenants who refused to comply are forced to park on the street. Excel Residential Services, Inc.

and all of their properties are slumlords. The tenants only right with these slumlords are to pay rent. After doing some research I found the owner whose listed as President - Pinkal Jogani called him on March 29th and told him about the situation he acted surprised then requested a copy of the document requesting tenants car insurance. I told him I had copies of the document and he requested a copy by fax.

I offered to email it to him but he said he would call the office tomorrow morning and find out what is going on. This man basically rushed me off the phone and did what any slumlord would do "he never called back" and nothing has been resolved. To all Landlord Tenant Lawyers this is a potential "class action" lawsuit with a property that has 169 units and half of them refused to be forced into giving a tow company employee their car insurance and VIN. This sounds like a Tow Scam in Progress and all of these criminals need to be brought to justice.

See the complaint against one of their other properties "The Plaza on Westheimer and JC Towing" on Complaint Board and stay tuned for more on "The Nightmare at Country Place Drive". Remember if you're in the market for an apartment "DO NOT RENT HERE" nor any other property managed by Excel Residential Services, Inc.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Exposing slumlords protecting consumers from excel residential
Unethical Treatment and Breach of Existing Lease not putting the Tenants First

Oliver Jkm
map-marker Los Angeles, California

The Park at Country Place - Charging Tenants for Blinds - NOT THIS ONE!

Excel Residential Services - The Park at Country Place - Charging Tenants for Blinds -...
Excel Residential Services - The Park at Country Place - Charging Tenants for... - Image 2

The Saga continues after several maintenance request via email, face to face and messages left with no response. I decided to walk to the office on Wednesday - April 12th to talk with the Manager.

I asked about the lights since this property has had a rape on property "lights out " are a safety issue. Her reply was "I ordered them 3 weeks ago". I replied OK then asked about the Mini Blinds in the Master Bedroom which look disgusting due to the "HEAT TREATMENT" caused by the BED BUG INFESTATION that the prior manager was aware of but failed to tell the Tenants. Only after I reported them to the City did they do what was necessary.

Fast Forward to April 12th when I asked about the Blinds. The Manager had a demonic look on her face and replied "I ordered them but Ms. Mutula the Regional Supervisor said they will be charging all current residents for Blinds being replaced. I immediately responded "You can tell Ms.

Mutula she want be charging me for Blinds that were damaged due to the Bed Bug Infestation which required a Heat Treatment. The same Heat Treatment that damaged the Blinds! You should have seen the Cleaning Ladies reaction when she heard Bed Bug Infestation! Thereafter I called Corporate in Los Angeles, CA.

- Excel Residential Services, Inc a company with an F - Rating at the BBB. I left a message and they have not responded. They never do because they are Slumlords that evade their Tenants and continue to be non responsive but what would you expect from SLUMLORDS! See Apartment Ratings on all Excel Residential Properties in Houston, Texas and Believe Them!

DO NOT RENT FROM THESE SLUMLORDS! This will serve as proof that I will not be charged now or when I move out for Blinds that are the properties responsibility. Don't even think about charging me for your negligence - You evaded the Bed Bug Lawsuit but You WILL NOT continue to unethically maneuver and handle your Tenants like Trash! You collect Rent Checks but don't even return phone calls, emails nor do you do your job!

See the disgusting Mini Blinds that the Regional Supervisor thinks they will charge me for!

She's a Joke like the Owner and Everyone employed by these SLUMLORDS! Check the Ratings - Complaints and Lawsuits connected to Excel Residential Services, Inc., JK Properties and see for Yourself!

Cons:
  • Corporate employees not responding
  • Managers attitude when speaking to me
  • Unprofessional rude treatment

Guest

I need to speak to you. Class action .

I worked here 3 months. We can shut them down.

map-marker Los Angeles, California

CALLED CHANNEL 13 TO EXPOSE THIS FILTH!

This has to be the WORST place I have ever lived in. I regret everyday signing the lease and in process of legal action with my attorney for this properties lack of concern for their residents and quality of the community.

It takes 2 months to get a service request completed and the office staff has a poor work ethic and an even worse attitude. There is MOLD everywhere; outside the front office and inside most units. I have already complain the BBB and have contacted the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING to see what we can do to get out of here as soon as possible for the inhabitable conditions they make my family live in. Also, they don't care if your your toilet over flows or your A/C is out while it's over 90 degrees inside.

REFUSE TO CLEAN UP AND REPLACE FECAL FILLED CARPET. The sewage is so bad the waste come up through the sinks! Also, summer time is here which means unattended kids at the pool, teens vandalizing properties, urinating on sidewalks, fornicating in pool, and smoking/using illicit drugs!!! There is a "supervisor" that I can never get a hold of and their corporate office in Los Angeles never picks up or always has a lady "taking messages".

Along with all of this terrible treatment the people they let become residents are extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate when it comes to driving in and out of the community and being obnoxiously loud with their music and arguments after 10pm and especially on the weekends. I will also be contacting the local news to unmask this place and show greater Houston why NOT to move here!!!!!!!

$20000
NEGLECTED AS A TENANT

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

I also live here at sugar ridge and I’d like to meet with you. I’m also trying to get out of my lease .

I have mold on the bed room ceiling and it’s affecting my health they refuse to move me to a different unit they only want to replace the Sheetrock. There is a bad smell that come from the sink upstairs and my refrigerator has gone out twice which cost me a lot of groceries and they only want to continue to put Freon in to it.

Excel Residential Services - Sugar Ridge Apartment Rental Review

This also happened at Sugar Ridge Townhomes they keep adding addendum to the lease as they see fit. My family fell behind and they wouldn't take the rent and decided to evict us and add court action to both my and my husband s credit.

I got a few agencies to help get us back in good standing and they refused to accept it. While in court I saw the new assistant manager refuse to work with a tenant and only wanted the unit, March rent, April rent and Court cost. It is only April 6 and you refused rent late. How many ways do you want it.

The judge had more compassion and gave her knowledge as to what would happen also how long the process takes.

I have never lived on a property that was managed this way or one that refused money as they lie to your face. This has been a bad experience for me and my family.

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

To help every potential homeowner find answers to their most important real estate questions, we’ve invited Ty Wilde Realtor & New Home Construction Specialist. In this video interview, we asked Ty to share his vast experience and give expert advice on whether to build a house or buy a house, what’s the best time to buy a house, what to consider during the house inspection, and more.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article