Essentials123.com has been banging my credit card for charges for 8 years

I'm embarrassed...... I cleared out a credit card recently and stopped using it. It was then that I noticed a $29.95 charge for 3 months. My wife had no knowledge of this company (Essentials CT) and neither did I. I called the credit card company and filed a dispute for 3 months charges. I then called the number given to me by the credit card company and talked to a supervisor at essentials. He informed me that we had been paying $8 per month since FEBRUARY 2002 (it's now September 2010) and we had never logged into their account to 'use' the service until this night. Somewhere in early this year, they ratcheted the charges up to $29.95/ month. Since I use the card extensively and carry large balances, I never noticed the $8/mo - but at 29.95 I noticed. I called back to the company this time with the Credit card company security dispute people, we got them to roll back 5 months charges at 29.95 per month. I can't stress enough NO information or correspondence ever ocurred between us and Essentials123. Best we can put it together, my wife made a purchase by phone in response to a TV shopping network (ShopNBC) pitch. They never mentioned anything about this 'membership' but it REQUIRED that it was to be cancelled if we didn't like it. Since we never knew that we were enrolled, we never cancelled. It's a scam of the first degree. and promoted by ValuVision TV - now called ShopNBC. warning warning warning ---- don't be *** like I was -- check your credit card statements, if you don't know where the charges are coming from - call your credit card company - they WILL help to track them down and may be able to get some rebates.
ID
#199820 Review #199820 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Newton Center, Massachusetts

About

essentials123 Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.essentials123.com/Help/MembershipTerms
essentials123 Privacy Policy
The membership program understands how important privacy is to Company's members. Generally, Website gather two types of information. The second type of information is technical and statistical information that is collected automatically whenever The Customer visit Company's Web site. This type of information may include things such as The Customer's IP address, operating system, type of browser and Web site activity. Website collect this data to help essentials123 improve the quality of essentials123's' Web site and make The Client's visits to the site easy, convenient and meaningful. Website do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information. The membership program was marketed and distributed by Adaptive Marketing LLC or FYI Direct LLC, marketing solutions companies. Third-party vendors, including Google for example, show ads on the internet.
To read more: https://www.essentials123.com/Help/Privacy
Summary

Essentials123 is a membership program that offers a wide range of save money when shopping at the most popular stores nationwide. Essentials123 allows saving money on clothing, jewelries, accessories, home furnishing and many more. Essentials123 is a unique program that allows saving money when buying high quality products. With this program anyone can allow buying things he earlier could only dream about. This programs claims to provide people with the best of everything for less. Company’s official website has several categories out of which users choose what they need. Essentials123 allows living stylishly and wear fashionable clothes for more than affordable prices.

essentials123 reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article