Esquire Property Management - House Rental Charge Review

My roommate and I are both military members serving in the United States Navy. We rented from Esquire Property Mangement, for a whopping 2100 a month for a home in oxnard California. On July 23, 2014 we got a 2 weeks notice that we were deploying. We contacted Esquire the next day and let them know we had to involuntarily vacate due to military obligations. They told us they would still charge us for thirty days from that day but we needed paperwork I.e. deployment letters. Ryan and I both went to our command to request the letter but since we are two of 578 we had to wait for the letters to be drafted. On 28july2014 i sent an email bearing said letter and the scra forms. Apparently the deployment letter wasnt scanned correctly and i was sent an email stating that. Unfortunately whilst i was deploying in seven days they figured an email is the proper way to contact me to say they didnt receive a good copy instead of calling.Today on 5August 20 14, 2 hours away from me leaving the country, I went into esquire to turn over the keys and garage opener and they told me that they have to start the 30 day notice today. I feel this company lacks compassion and understanding of the call of duty we all swore to answer. Living in the area for a few months I realize there are quite a few military members that rent from them and if this is how they treat us I'd much sooner live in my car before I even refer them to another service member.

I thought there were laws in place to protect military from predators like Esquire. I have no connection to, but would recommend a lawyer who successfully deals with landlord tenant issues, James Holmes.

I received his name from the best legal team that works for landlords in Ventura county.

They said he is the best. The local rental firm uses him and said they have not known Holmes to loose a case for clients (landlord or tenet).

Good luck to you

ID
Petersburg, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article