Emergency Responders Academy School, Manteca

My Daughter started paramedic school @ ERA Manteca in Jan-2010 and was going to complete her paramedic program in February 2012. On January 25, 2012 we found out that the school was not credited and closed the paramedic program January 10, 2012. My daughter had completed everything including intern at the hospital and approx 700 hours with a preceptar on the ambulance. She only needed two more contacts on the ambulance, approx 2-3 weeks to go. The owner never contacted us regarding the school closing and she has now refused to reinburse us money after she had us fill out out a reinbursement form on 03-14-12. Gina, the owner has now filled bankruptcy and has included the school. We are out approx $12,000 and my daughters education.
ID
Copperopolis, California
Loss

ERA in Manteca, Ca is a Horrable program!!

This program trains people in Emergency Medial Services. The administration is horrable, never available when you need them, but when the owner feels she needs to get ahold of you she will call you off the hook. Always takes vacations, never gets back to youwhen yu try to contact, and always blames others and can never take responsibility for her horrable bussiness practices!! What you see in the contract you sign is not exactly what you get, materials are not delivered on time, and when you need help after you program, like they say they will help, goodluck getting it. I will say that the instructors are very godd, and have a lot of experience and knowledge, but program as a whole is very unorganized and instructors even talk about how horrable other classes and other students are. very unprofessional. would highly recommend not attending this school. There are several more in the area, that are much better, cheaper, and way better organized then the yahoos in this program, such as mjc's emt class in modesto, emsti's paramedic program in turlock and stockton, ncti's paramedic program in livermore, abrhams college emt's program in modesto...any would be way better then this! Emergency Responders Academy of Learning Yosemite Ave. Manteca, Ca

I might pay attention to this complaint if you could *** spell. Seriously how did you pass highschool?

I graduated from this school and I totally agree with everyone. Gina only showed up to collect the payments.

The teachers were cool but some of them were very unprepared. I also heard about people in my class not receiving their certifacates on time.

And someone had extra charges on their credit cards after paying her. Pretty sketchy!

Yes. I agree.

I wish we would have known the school was closing and the owner didn't even contract or notify the students. My daughter was only two weeks from completing the program after going for approx 2 years and the school closes. I guess you can say $12,000 down the drain. Does anyone even care or any students want to take a stand in what is right.

Parents work hard to give there children a good education and someone took that away from them. It's sad to see that people get away with this or think they do.

Gina is a snake, this was by far the wost school ever. I attended the last class in the program and am currently trying to transfer to NCTI.

She violated dozens of title 22, DOT and American Heart Association regulations. These are not minor violations either it's negligence to say the least. Half of the class paid ERA in full and she promised to pay those students transfer portion to NCTI since she has there money. Now that the students need the money to transfer she's not answering anybody's phone calls or text messages.

What a crook. Meanwhile she wears a 7k diamond ring on her finger insured for $70,000 and drives a Mercedes.

Such a ***, she has no honor whatsoever. After i transfer you can bet i will be calling the State EMS and ill be taking her to small claims to get my money

She took $3600 dollars from my son for paramedic class that gina was advertising on her web site. Said she needed that to reserve his space.

We found out they lost their accreditation for paramedic training. I spoke to gina 2/13/12 and requested the refund. She said she had to talk to her accountant to procur the refund. Nothing yet as of 4/22/12.

She probably took from others, and this could be construed as criminal activity. She does not respond to phone calls. I did contact her employer DMC manteca as this hospital was listed on her web site as an affiliate.

Since then as of this date her web site closed down for "construction".

If anyone else got ripped off please email me ryoungoms@***.com I plan to see an attorney for civil action as well as contact the DA for possible criminal complaint.

An angry parent

I just graduated from ERA, and I completely agree with each person who dislikes ERA! Gina the owner only shows up on pay day!

I am currently enrolled in one of the courses provided by the Emergency Responders Academy in Manteca, California and as fond as I am with the instructors who are not liable of such accusations made in this web site, I must agree with the complaints about the administration. It has been 3 weeks in the course, and I have already experienced some of the setbacks explained in the complaints. I still have not received the uniform and books promised for the training. The actual training seems unorganized, lectures are in freestyle... meaning its pretty apparent that some of the instructors don't come in with a lesson plan. Oh, and must I add I started my session with the first day cancelled! Plus, most of the Instructors who taught have came in late or just in time which shows the lack of a professional environment. Furthermore, the instructors seem to never stay consistent, I get the Idea that they are volunteering their service/ teaching aid. I can go on, but another dissatisfaction of mine is that the academy's equipment look ANCIENT and a good portion of them do NOT even function correctly.

In response to the other posts:

2. I agree, i like the class size but the disorganized lesson plan and administration is a bit of a let down what with the HIGH cost of the course.

3. Spelling is irrelevant, he/she got his point across and I agree with his complaint!

era student. I'm not sure what school you went to but I agree with this post 100%.

The program was not organized at all. for example gettin uniforms late, not receiving our class text books til after a month into the program, somedays when the instructor showed up they had no clue what to teach or even what chapter to discuss. and from my past personal experience I could never get ahold of the director when needed for over a month. I agree that the instrustors were very knowledgable and willing to help in any way.

my complaints are directly with the programs administration. when you pay over $10,000 you would expect better services.

this is wrong... ERA of Learning was a great school, the teachers are very organized and you get the private small class attention that you wouldn't receive at a school like Delta

View more comments (10)
ID
#195724 Review #195724 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Modesto, California
Loss

About

Summary

this is: eralearning.org ...

ERA of Learning reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article