monica p Opc
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Pay off difference not refunded

This business took three months to pay off my trade in with my credit union. Of course during this time I continued to make payments to my credit union and my new note. I expected to get refunded my money from either my credit union or this business. Well... did not happen. I contacted Equity Auto Center almost one month ago asking for my refunded. They stated they would look into it. I still have not heard from them. Since then, I have sent additional emails. Again, no response.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

Horrible experience

This place need to fired all the sale man, special this sale man fernando,they are useless and they lie to Customers
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Happy with the product, not the service

I try to be as objective and balanced as possible. This was only my experience and may differ from yours, but I am sure all the treatment is the same for their clientele. PROS: You can find some really nice quality. I found a 2016 Hyundai Accent with less than 30,000 miles (28,000 miles to be nearly exact). They have a lot of quality vehicles. You have to be sure what you want, because they are sure what they want to sell you. Most of their vehicles from what I was told were trade-ins or previous rentals. CONS: There were a lot of things that bothered me about this store. Their customer service is something to be worked on, BIG TIME.They are a No Frills business. You better be sure what you buy, because you get what you buy and nothing extra. They gave me a vehicle, empty gas tank, worn tires, etc. The car itself is very nice and a good looking and seems to be a good working car, but they would not budge on their price (because they know they have good quality vehicles and they are marked under KBB. They added on the prices a mandatory lifetime "Tint" fee of around $700.00 and the taxes. I ended up paying $11,000 for a car that was marked at $9,000, go figure the add-ons. This dealership has a lot of work to do and if they don't they will have a hard time staying open as they will receive little return business. As I stated, I love the product, but the service is something to be improved and I am not talking about a tweak here and there, but an overhaul. I know that I will not be returning most likely (if they are open by the time it is to buy another car or refer anyone there as I got what I wanted, but wasn't exactly happy with how I got it. I wish them the best, but I know they will have a hard time in the future if they change their practices. I didn't feel a warm feeling. I felt they were suspicious and aloof at times. They had to keep going back to the manager back and forth to get permission for this and that. This and that. That is what annoyed me the most about this dealership. They were a smaller dealership and you could tell by the way they conduct business. Frugal and no frills, absolutely!!
Guest

From what I read they seem like a shady business however they do it well (they have been in business for over ten years), and they don't seem to be going anywhere.

Lachlan Vfu
map-marker Glendale, Arizona

Equity auto center scam, fraud, ripped off, theives theres not enough room

Updated by user Jul 14, 2016

I had to contact Equity Auto to let them know what I was doing. It sounded Like the one of my car sales people he pretended to be dumb.

Maybe he wasn't pretending. I informed him that I was taking them to court. Again he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. All these thieves had to do was pay me back my money but instead I'm going to show everyone who they really are.

I've also contacted every news channel in a 200 mile radius. I'm meeting with a local channel tomorrow.

Original review Jul 10, 2016
I called to see if they had a car advertised and they did so I went down and it wasn't there. I looked at a few drove a 2011 Nissan Sentra and decided on it. Did the paper work they had to have a cosigner, they would send the paperwork to him. Gave my down payment $900.00 and in 6 weeks $600.00 more. It was my first car. I drove off and started hearing a noise so I went to simon and son. No brakes and rooters gone. Called Equity and had to make an appt. I had to go back for window tinting anyway. We couldn't get in and I was told not to drive the car it was unsafe. They have a mechanic on site don't know why this wasn't taken car of. Well never could get in when I needed so I went down there and they said no your on your own they weren't fixing anything. Tires, battery you name it. I went to Nissan and they were helping me well they couldn't find anything a loan or contract. Equity never sent the cosigner paperwork. Took the car back to equity gave them the keys they made us leave because I wanted my money back. They also charged my account the next day for $600.00. I can't get anywhere with them. My biggest problem is The shape that car was in I could have had a bad accident. Man they didn't care about anything but the money. I had to file a lawsuit against them. My mom saw an attorney and he's filing one against the sales people too. Two of the guys that work at Equity our salesman works at Toyota in Avondale. Wow they were the worst people and unprofessional, lying pieces of!!!
Cons:
  • I wished i had read all the other reviews first
  • Being scammed
Reason of review:
All of the above except delivery

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article