Epic Adventures in Louisville KY is Epic SCAM

WARNING of Epic Adventures Scam, operating at Hampton Inn Alliant Avenue in Louisville, Kentucky. This has been written to forewarn innocent people of an absolutely horrible Epic Adventures SCAM operating out of the Hampton Inn on Alliant Avenue in Louisville, beginning May, 2012, selling innocent people an $8,995 vacation club with "incredible" lifetime travel deals that are 100% bogus. On top of the $8,995 one-time fee, there is a one-time documentation fee of $399, and annual dues of $249. If you get an offer in the mail for a "free" 7-night cruise and "free" airline tickets by attending Epic Adventures 90-presentation on a travel club, just rip it to shreds as it is all bogus, both the promises and lies from Epic Adventures of their travel deals and the "free" trip which is from Epic's "marketing company", Millenium Travel, which is also bogus and has numerous reports on the Internet, including an "F" rating by the Better Business Bureau. Some other companies operated by the same unscrupulous band of gypsies are High Tide Travel, Blue Lagoon Travel, My Travel Connection, Royal Palms Travel, Royal Palm Travel, All Exclusive Excursions, Sea Land Travel Club, operated in Florida, Texas, Alabama and Arizona, all with Richard (or Rich) Blaum as President, and formerly working with Adrian Miller, who has been run out of the state of Texas with a lawsuit by the Attorney General there. Here is a copy of the lawsuit, even though it appears Mr. Miller is still running his scam in other states: https://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/releases/2010/031710royalpalms_pop.pdf All of these businesses have received an "F" by the Better Business Bureau, all with numerous complaints over the Internet on such sites as the Ripoff Report, Pissed Off Consumer, Scambook, Complaints Board, etc. Just Google any of the above names, along with the word "Scam", such as "High Tide Travel Scam", and you will find out plenty of horror stories. Following are just a few: Epic Adventures: http://www.ripoffreport.com/travel-agents/epic-adventures-inc/epic-adventures-inc-millennium-00ff8.htm High Tide Travel: http://high-tide-travel.pissedconsumer.com/high-tide-travel-inc-vacation-travel-club-201107****0574.html Blue Lagoon: http://www.scambook.com/report/view/105106/MY-VACATION-CONNECTION---BLUE-LAGOON-TRAVEL-SERVICES-Other-for-3995.00-on-04-16-2012 Royal Palm and Sea Land Travel Club: http://www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/sealandtravelclub.com.html Epic Adventures claims to have been in business for over 20 years, yet a WHOIS look up of their domain name http://epicadventuresinc.net indicates it has only been registered since May 2, 2012! And after doing an online lookup through the Kentucky Secretary of State public records, Epic Adventures has been "incorporated" since April 26, 2012!! This traveling band of fly-by-night gypsies goes from state to state, operating under different names wherever they go, operating the same scam of selling vacation clubs with false promises. I just wish the state of Kentucky would shut them down very soon so more innocent people don't fall victim. I know they will just go on to another state and set up under a different name, but please get them out of Kentucky!! We attended the slick 90-minute presentation to get the "free" 7-night cruise and two "free" airline tickets, and didn't have any intention of purchasing the club, but thought we could tolerate a 90-minute presentation to get the free trip. Our assigned sales person sat with us a few minutes before the presentation and stuck out his hand and shake on "keeping an open mind. Can you do that for me?" The presenter was very slick, smiling, and enthusiastic, which might disarm some people. The more he cited the incredible travel deals you can get, the more we smelled a rat, just too good to be true. To cite a few of their promised deals you can get by joining their club: $1,699 for 9-day escorted European tour, including airfare, ground transportation and meals $899 for 7-night condo in Hawaii, 7-day rental car, daily breakfast, AND airfare, including taxes and fees $799 for 7-nights at St. Thomas Marriott, including airfare, taxes and fees. $898 for 6 nights at Atlantis in the Bahamas, including airfare and their all-inclusive plan. We SMELLED A RAT and said no, thank goodness. They claimed that 1 out of 3 people join the club, and that they have 250,000 members. If this is true, I am sure there are 250,000 very unhappy members at being ripped off by these scammers.

My husband and I joined this club last year, and as of yet I cannot find the deals they advertised. I don't know what to do.

I would like to get my money back but know that is out of the question.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open. debbiecooley54@***.com

#502063

Thank you for sharing. My appointment is tomorrow but after reading I won't waste my time.

We attended the presenation we liked what we heard and joined. Since KY does have a 3 day recession, we decided to test them out.

We booked a vacation to Branson MO and saved over 400.00 dollars on one trip.

Try it, this will save your money, all these people above, just don't seem like they tested these people out. PS they tell you upfront about the fees for the gift your get for coming.

These guys remind me of a traveling group of gypsies and circus freaks!  They move from city to city without setting up permanent locations.

They have no permanent addresses, no signage, no logos, no personalized emails, no personalized phone numbers and no personalized business cards. Even their $499 member manual is so unprofessional and has no branding or logos or contact information or names.  They make a point to avoid giving their full names and they maintain a very limited internet profile. And they changes their business name once too many people wise-up to there practices at whichever train track they setup their tent city.

Are they High Tide Travel Inc., Royal Palms, Luxury Escapes, Vacation Travel Club, Beach Combers, Phoenix Vacations, All Inclusive Excursions, Destinations Unlimited, Grand Design Travel, Sun Country Travel...yes, no, who knows but their master-planning Cheats. They do all of this to limit their visibility so they can move from city to city after saturating a community with their misleading practices and to minimize any customer accountability.  Their presentation materials are old, dated, dirty, don't have logos, and are of laughable content and quality. Inbred...mindless...FREAKS!!

Shine the light of logic and truth on these people and their services and their ways and they scatter like roaches, like circus charlatans running to catch the last train out of town!  This group of hooligans operates just on the freed side of jail. Every word, every contract, every commitment, every phone call and email, every presentation and every decision is carefully orchestrated to keep them on this side of the Law. Immoral, indecent, unprofessional, *** service, unrealistic savings, rude, arrogant, hype...YES, absolutely yes but unfortunately legal.

How these people can live with themselves is beyond me! Absolutely no conscience...no decency...no individual thinking! They are slaves to their deceptions, enslaved to the few at the top of their pyramid organization who tell the underlings what to say and do and think.

Stay away from these people and their ways. Don't legitimize their practices by even attending their presentations on the promise of their "gifts" which are attached with incredibly limiting conditions.

Epic Adventures operated the same scam under name of My Vacation Connection in Florida. My wife and I received in the mail a card offering us a free 8 day cruise for attending a 1 1/2 presentation in Pensacola.

We attended and were told about terrific discounts on trips including cruises which we take often. My wife made copious notes listing most of them, including a trip to Egypt, incl. the Nile for nine days for $1,000 each. After signing up we called about the Egypt cruise and were quoted $11,000.

I immediately contacted our rep to cancel the membership and was given the run around. I finally spoke to a Mr. Arnulfo in Colorado. Turns out he has been involved in several other scams.

I have reported this to the Attorney General of FL and am dealing with their Dept.

of Consumer Services. While in Orlando in Feb I went to the address listed which was a "rent-an-office" and there was nobody there from My Vacation Connection.

I attended a presentation at Marsh Landing hotel in Jacksonville, FL in April 2012. I joined the travel connection group.

After giving through thought about it I decided to cancel out. Which I did.

Florida has a three day Cool-Off rule that lets one opt out of a deal that was transacted at a motel/hotel etc. I thought the prices were to good to be true.

We went to the presentation on June 8th. We didn't buy, but received the free cruise & airfare.

If you are interested in the travel packcage, hold out for a better deal. They can get pretty low in price. I would like to hear from more people who actually used the Epic Adventures service. Those who haven't don't have the right to say it's a scam unless they have actually been scammed.

Yes, the free cruise will cost port fees, airline fees, & taxes. Port fees are at $199 each now (for any cruise) and airline fees can be about half that. Then there are taxes so you will not go totally "free". We have done these "free" deals before, and yes, you have to jump through hoops, but that's the way they work.

We have actually gotten the trips after paying the fees. I wouldn't say Epic is a scam because of the marketing company's way of operating. People are getting the two mixed up, so Epic needs to take a look at that.

As I said, I would like to hear from people who bought the Epic deal and traveled. If they complain, it's legit.

just like all the consumer reviews. Some say yes and some say no. Whats the real story

Looks like the scammers from Epic Adventures decided to write some more lies below. If you do go to the 90-minute presentation to check it out, it can be a form of entertainment, but whatever you do, don't even think about buying the travel club membership, no matter how low they get the price.

It's virtually worthless and prices no better than Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline or booking directly with the companies. And their claim of getting airline tickets for super cheap is outright ***.

And the "free" cruise and airline tickets from the "marketing company, "Millenium Travel" is worthless too. Just google Millenium Travel scam" or go to the Better Business Bureau and see their "F" rating.

Went to the presentation today. We will see what happens. There aw always people who feel they were ripped off no matter what the deal is.

View more comments (16)
ID
Louisville, Kentucky

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article