Never Sign a Contract With ERG or Oasis Builders

This company extorts your insurance claim money. Just finshed restoration due to a flood and paid $4,000 for repairs. ERG wanted $13,000 for the same repairs. I decided to break the contract and paid them $2,100 to do so in addition to the $2,200 they charged me to put a few dehumidifiers in my home. After paying all this, it was still cheaper to go with another vendor. They are affiliated with Oasis builders who are also a bunch of arrogant people that don't understand customer service. Don't ever sign a contract or do business with ERG or Oasis Builders

Had no problem with ERG they were great and I would refer them. Followed insurance estimate and didn't charge me anything extra. "Straight shooters"

I just worked with them on my insurance claim and house repairs. The contract states if I canceled it there was a penalty I would expect that.

I dealt with Heath Dillard and he was honest and very knowledgeable. After reading this complaint I asked him what happens if I cancel. He told me that if I hired him he would have a lot of time invested and he was working for my best interest. He obviously has been doing this a long time and was fair.

I am getting older and I had no problems with them after my friends warned me about contractors in Florida. Whoever wrote this complaint didn't deal with Heath and/or didn't read the contract or doesn't do business or understand people pay for services they are provided.

Heath spent many hours at my house and if you meet him just know he follows through with what he says.

They did my kitchen, family room and dining area and it was no fun but it had to be done and if Heath and their crew didn't help me I would have been lost. There was A LOT I was worried about because there was so much work but I am happy and WOULD call him again.

All customers are required to sign a Work Authorization in order to work on a claim, this Form once signed will Authorize us to start working on an Insured's claim and allow us to speak to their Insurance Adjuster. The estimating process is a lengthy process and requires many hours and numerous inspections of the property and will also include many phone calls and meetings with their adjuster.

We don't determine the Insured's estimate, both the Adjuster and ERG will use the same independent estimating program to determine the final scope of work and it will be the insurance company that pays us our profit and overhead, without the signed Work Authorization we cannot work on their file, nor will the insurance pay the profit and overhead, which is 20%. Upon the conclusion of their estimate and approval of the scope of work by their insurance carrier it will be at that time where the Insured has the option to pick and choose what line items they may want to perform themselves, or they may choose to do what 95% of our customers do and that's retain us to handle all of the insurance restoration work from start to finish, the only out of pocket expense they have is their deductible or if they wish to reduce their scope in order to absorb their deductible, this certainly is their choice.

This disgruntled customer is obviously upset because we did our job, got them $13,000 for their claim and they chose to perform the work themselves and they pocketed $6,900 after paying ERG $2,100 for their services and ERG did something wrong????? I think ERG did exactly what they were hired to do but this customer felt that ERG should not be paid for doing it's job. I think our Reputation since 1969 speaks for itself.

Please feel free to visit our website by clicking the link below

Thanks,

Rick P. Calpitano

Certified General Contractor

Certified Roofing Contractor

Oasis Builders LLC d/b/a EnvironmentalRestoration Group

561-573-****

Celebrating 40 years of Superior Service, Partnership and Growth

ergcontractorscom

ERG has grown into a multi-million dollar company providing both mitigation and reconstruction services across the United States restoring schools, government buildings, multi-storied condominiums, hotels and single-family homes. As one of South Florida's most diverse general contractors and restoration companies, Oasis Builders LLC.

has provided a wide array of professional services since their inception in 1969. We are a single source, turn-key General Contractor located in the heart of Palm Beach County.

We serve all 4 counties in South Florida with a full array of in-house capabilities, offering experience from the simplest re-models to the most exquisite Additions, Windows & Doors, Re-roofs, 24 HR Emergency Water & Flood Removal and hurricane insurance restorations

Our staff focuses on best business practices and technology to assure you integrity, efficiency, fair treatment and especially dollar value on every job. Many companies advertise they provide the highest standard of customer service; we do not just advertise it, our business model is built on satisfied customers referring new and repeat business.

View more comments (3)
ID
Wellington, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article