deb m Qbw

Will not service

I contacted this company because they were listed as a dealer from the Co. that made my fireplace (Kingsman).

I bought my fireplace online, had it installed by a licensed plumber, but now need a regular service. Enchanted fireside told me they only service fireplaces they sell. when I told them they were listed as a dealer, they said they don't sell them, so they won't service it, but they are listed online as a seller listed by kingman. They were also listed on the NFI website which is the national fireplace institute, which listed them as certified for gas products , but yet they would not service my fireplace..

My opinion is they should be removed from those websites.

I think it terrible, they stated they didn't sell this product because I didn't purchase there.

"We are proud to provide exceptional fireplace repair and maintenance service to residents and businesses in the Worcester region" is a quote from THERE OWN WEBSITE....

This is definitely not good public relations.. Now I wouldn't purchase anything there myself!!!!

Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Please don't state something that you are unwilling to do, for other consumers.. Take yourself off websites that promote you as something you are not willing to hold up to.

Guest

I assume they wouldn't fix your fireplace because if the don't see the stove they can't get parts.

EnchantedFireside

Hi Debra, I reached out to you when you first contacted me via Facebook to see how we might be able to help, at least to refer you to a service professional, but I did not hear back. I hope you have been able to resolve the issue with your fireplace.

If not, please contact me at the store. The Enchanted Fireside service team is dedicated to supporting only those clients who have purchased their fireplaces, stoves, and inserts from our store. We're just not big enough to be able to help everyone! We don't even advertise our services outside of our customer base.

Based on your feedback, I revised the wording on our website to make this even more clear. And as you have probably learned, this is a standard policy in the hearth industry. Because of the issue of future support and maintenance, we consistently turn down sales for installations even in Boston because they are outside of our service area. We know those clients will be better served in the long run by buying more local.

If your dealer did not make this clear when you purchased your fireplace, I believe they did you a disservice. Regarding replacement parts, we have not carried the Kingsman line for several years, and have made several requests to have our name removed from their website. You will notice that Kingsman is not listed on the Enchanted Fireside website as a supported brand. Again, I hope you have been able to resolve the issue with your fireplace.

If not, please contact me directly at the store and I will do my best to help. Warm regards, Karen DiVerdi, Owner, Enchanted Fireside

map-marker Boylston, Massachusetts

Excellent customer service by Enchanted Fireside

Our gas fireplace wouldn't start and we were referred to Rachael to help troubleshoot the problem. We tried several things ourselves such as changing the batteries in the remote before calling Enchanted Fireside, but none worked. After Rachael walked us through several steps, we were able to make an adjustment to the fireplace that provided the solution. Our hats go off to Rachael who did an excellent job in helping us come up with the solution. We commend Enchanted Fireside for the excellent customer service provided. Keep up the good work. It was a great help to solve the problem over the telephone rather than have to have a service call.
Pros:
  • Rachael who troubleshot the problem
Good customer service
EnchantedFireside

We love being able to help our clients solve problems over the phone and avoid the time & expense of a service call. We're glad Rachel was able to help make you "warm & happy!" Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with the world.

Karen DiVerdi

Six years of *** . Do not buy a castle this brand its a lemon

I bought this 6 years ago had it service already twelve times .Every year its something wrong with it .bought new in 2 months the cork screw went on it .Then the next year came the blower went on it .Then the a year later fire pot had to replaced it When they cleaned it they left all lose parts, had to call them to fix the cover of the blower they didn't put back it was on the floor know its making a loud noise in the back the stove and besides that its not doing the job its very cold in my kitchen which is only75 feet away I am using a space heater that works better. its a piece of junk. they told me it would save me money really ! I will go back to my oil again not saving money with this sorry I even bought this. poor service between yearly cleaning and replacing parts every year its a big investment and still paying on it
Bad quality
EnchantedFireside

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you as well as any issues you have faced with your stove over the years.

We pride our business on having the largest & most experienced service team in the area and above all else, providing excellent customer service. Given the opportunity, I would like to learn more details about your case and to be able to make things right.

Please contact us at your convenience (800) 782-5500. Thank you

Their Employees suck.

I stopped by there on a sat afternoon to pick up a gasket and snapdisk for my piece of *** Quadra fire Castille stove. The sales person was put off by the fact that I even dared ask for a part. She was very busy doing nothing in the empty showroom. She reluctantly looked up the two very simple parts and went to get them. She came back with the wrong gasket and would not make any effort to re lookup the part and told me to come back on monday when someone from service would be there. I explained that I had the insert pulled out of my fireplace and pulled all apart and that I would like to put it back together and use it. She said sorry come back on monday or take the wrong gasket. I asked if I could look at their stock of gaskets because I would know the right part and she said no, we have to many different one and besides this is the gasket the part# calls for. Then the other sales person got up from his desk/computer, put his search for Red Sox tickets on hold to tell me that they cant look for them because there are to many. I guess they are just too BUSY DOING NOTHING to actually help a paying customer. I wont go back on Monday or ever again. I will buy these parts online, save alot of money and make sure that I tell everyone I run into not to do business with enchanted fireside or buy a Quadra fire Pellet stove. By the way, I have had this stove for 4-5 years and have had nothing but problems with it. Even when its running its best it only heats the room that its in. I have replaced many parts on it mostly myself, but have had their Extremely expensive service tech out several times which always turns out to cost 3 or 4 hundred bucks. The tech is a nice guy and very knowledgeable, I don't know why he works for such a *** company. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Dis- Enchanted fireside!!!
Cons:
  • Their service
  • Their product
  • Their employees
EnchantedFireside

Thank you for your bringing this situation to our attention. I want to deeply apologize for any negative experience, the behavior described is completely unacceptable and uncharacteristic of Enchanted Fireside’s core values.

We pride ourselves on above all excellent customer service and rest assured, this is not an accurate representation of our values or beliefs We have a zero tolerance policy against the mistreatment of our customers so these employees are no longer with the company. I’m glad to know you received quality service from our wonderful service technicians and hope you recognize their behavior as a true representation of Enchanted Fireside. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you directly and have an opportunity to win back your trust. Feel free to reach out anytime at (800) 782-5500.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our company.

Guest

Their employees don't care. Always pushing me off to Monday.

Trying to get a refund an a part that was never used, but purchased.

This has been going on for months. Will never do business with them again.

map-marker Sterling, Massachusetts

Screws holding door hinge fell out

Several years ago I purchased a Quadra Fire Castile pellet stove and until recently the stove was relatively trouble free. This week I noticed the doors (both the cast iron door and glass) were loose. I removed the side panel and found the screws holding the hinge had fallen out and the thread in the stove was stripped. I called my friends at Fireside to fix it. I was told I would have to wait a week and half and the service call would be $160.00 paid up front and $85.00 per hour for the repair. I am retired and need to get the stove fixed. The price is way unreasonable and I wonder if they can fix it.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

EnchantedFireside

Thank you for choosing Enchanted Fireside, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your Quadra Fire Castile Pellet Stoves. We are proud to have one of the largest & most experienced service team in the area including 5 full-time employees dedicated entirely to service.

Unfortunately, during the heating season our technicians are in high demand and can occasionally lead to a 1-2 week backlog of technicians. I would be happy to speak with you directly to learn more details about your case and to make things right. Please contact us at your convenience at (800) 782-5500.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our company. We appreciate you contacting us and hope you consider us for future business.

map-marker Tampa, Florida

Enchanted Fireside - Stove Review from Tampa, Florida

I have a1 year old stove that came with the two-year factory warranty when I called enchanted fireside to have them come out and look at an issue I was having with my stove they told me it was an $85 service call fee plus $75 an hour once they got there and I had to pay the $85 upfront over the phone with a credit card. What kind of warranty do you call that?Whatever you do do not buy a stove parts or service from enchanted fireside
EnchantedFireside

I want to apologize for any inconvenience or confusion we may have caused you throughout this process. Above all we take pride in delivering the very best services to all of our customers, and we want to make sure each and every customer is satisfied.

I would love to get a chance to speak with you over the phone at (800) 782-5500 with any questions about our services or prices. Thank you again for choosing Enchanted Fireside and we hope that we can continue to do business with you in the future.

Rick Obc

Enchanted Fireside terrible service

I bought a quadrafire from enchanted about 3 years ago and have had numerous issues that of course always happen during the winter. After buying it the control box failed and I was down for 3 weeks waiting for a repair person. Last year I had numerous issues that included a defective ignitor that caused me to be down for a week. I could not pay the 80.00 for an ignitor that I could get online for 35.00. Now my pellet stove keeps blowing fuses. I called enchanted and they wanted 15.00 for a 1.00 fuse! I bought a pack of 5 for 5.86 from Granger and guess what the piece of junk keeps blowing fuses. Enchanted can get someone out here in guess......, you got that right 3 weeks! So if you like being charged excessively for parts and wait weeks for service then buy from these bums. Trust me when your stove breaks, and it will, you will wait 2-3 weeks for anyone to come out. My son bought a Harmin from The Stove Shop in Shrewsbury and has not had a day of problems. Stay away from Enchanted they sell you and do not support them after
Loss:
Guest

NEVER BUY A QUADRAFIRE, THEIR PRODUCTS DON'T LAST AND YOU'' HAVE REPEATED WARRANTY ISSUES. CORPORATE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

STAY AWAY FROM QUADRAFIRE. I LOST $4,000 AND HAVE A HUNK OF USELESS METAL

EnchantedFireside

I want to start off by apologizing for any inconvenience or hassle you have experienced with your Quadra fire stove. We understand your frustration with waiting for a service call in the middle of heating season.

At Enchanted Fireside, we pride ourselves on having the largest & most experienced service team in the area with 5 full-time employees dedicated entirely to service. During peak heating season, our technicians are in high demand, resulting in an inevitable 1-2 week backlog, with that being said we strongly recommend having our Service Team perform the annual maintenance during our slower spring season to prevent these issues late during the heating season. We are aware that issues can arise and do our best to get to each of our customers in a timely manner. I once again apologize for any hassle you have experienced with service or pricing.

Please feel free to call us at (800) 782-5500 I would be happy to speak with you directly to resolve any outstanding issues. Thank You!

Patty Ilu
map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

Enchanted Fireplace, Worcester, MA

This place discriminates!!!! I am a female and I went in there and I was totally ignored. The older guy - I assume in sales, wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. He was a complete ***!! After standing in front of him trying to ask for help, he said in a minute. Continued to talk to a male who was doing work in the place!!! Finally, after being ignored I asked a question and he treated me like I was a dumb female! The only description I can give is he has a HUGE NOSE!!!!!!!! I was planning on buying 2 fireplaces with inserts (for my new home under construction) and a pellet store (for a gift) -- let me see -- they lost about 6K in sales.... Get rid of that guy!!!! His loss!!!
Loss:
EnchantedFireside

We deeply apologize for any negative experience you have had in our showroom. As owner of Enchanted Fireside, I’m sad to hear you were dissatisfied with the quality of our customer service.

We pride ourselves on above all having excellent customer service and rest assured, this is not an accurate representation of our values or beliefs. We’ve taken full action to prevent these incidences in the future by removing this employee from our staff. Please feel free to reach out & call us at (800) 782-5500 with any additional concerns.

I would be glad to speak with you directly. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our company and help improve our business.

Guest

This is the worst place. The only game in town does not make you the best.

People are rude. The service is the worst. The inserts are contacted out. The fellows who put the inserts in are rough, and not professional.

Service if you want it, it will be in July not when needed. I strongly suggest go some where else. I have had nothing but a head ache, and our fire place has never worked correctly. Do not buy from this place you will be disappointed.

I am not the only person who feels this way. There are other places and they stand behind there work.

Run Run fast.

map-marker Worcester, Massachusetts

Enchanted Fireside didn't give me respect

I stopped by Enchanted Fireside to buy a fireplace twice, and each time they appeared nice, but something felt off. There was a fakeness about one of the salespeople I met, and each different salesperson gave me a different story about price. Twice, they told me they would call me back. They never called! I don't know about you, but if a place doesn't call back when you're trying to buy an expensive good, will they call back when you have a problem? This place might be OK, but again, things just didn't seem "right" to me.
Guest

I think there sales and service team communicate well and are very responsive. We appreciate there approach to servicing our pellet needs! -C :zzz

Guest

I purchased Mt. Vernon from Enchanted 4 years ago.

I burn over 6 tons every year and I am pretty happy with the stove. This year a problem occurred. The combustion blower jammed. I normally have the stove serviced, cleaned, and the flue-sweeped annually.

I called for a service person to come. They were booked for a long time. I had to wait almost 4 weeks (pretty much the month of February). So it seems the complaint about waiting time for service by others is founded.

However, I am not saying this as a complaint because it is typical and understandable in this kind of business although I would love to have someone in the same week. Finally, the service person, Dan Tinger, showed up. He was very friendly, very compotent and frank/honest. He identified the problem was not anything electrical.

To do that he took the combustion fan out and tested it outside the stove's operating environment. The problem was that either the motor was gone or the bearing was gone. Either way, the part had to be changed, which Dan did. I am very satisfied with him and his service.

The service cost quite a bit (part cost, labor cost and travel time). I would think the part could be purchased cheaper (probably) online or from the manufacturer. I would not know but I know in this kind of business, some overcharge for parts are common. Labor cost for an hour was $75, and I think this is also typical in this line of business.

The travel time within 25 miles fee of $85 was a suprise. I did not mind it but I am sure some may argue this is not fair. Overall, Enchanted is an okay company.

Dan Tinger, the service guy, was the third service guy I had from Enchanted, and all of them were nice but Dan was a real Ti(n)ger ;-). I particularly liked him.

Guest

I have found the situation to be totally different, The sales professional are always willing to help and no sell you something you don't need. THey are very focused on helping customer say money on oil. Its 2012 - somebody has to helo me!

Guest

I am wondering if this unhappy customer had Enchanted Fireside do the instillation, or if they had someone else do it. Not having professional instillation often voids warentys.

I have dealt with this store for 15 years, and they have always been pleasant and helpful.

Reading the first review, I can't help but wonder who wrote it. It is beyond off.

Guest

I walked in and said "Skadush"

Guest

we have found them to be rude and the service poor. i would never buy from them again and once you do you are stuck because no other store wants to do service for a competitor. when something broke they had us call the manufactor and they were nasty I part that should last 10 plus years lasted a little over two and cost several hundred dollars to replace but whan you think about the fact that a stove is only used for 4-5 months that isn't much just not supportive when we spent several thousand dollars

Guest

Although we walked in at a busy fall time, and we waited a bit, we had the full attention of Karen the owner.

Your complaint seems to be missing something important. Something sounds a bit "off" with your complaint as if you are leaving out something.

Why didn't you get a price when you were in the store? Did you call them back after you were in the store to follow-up?

View more comments (6)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article