Empire Tile Tile Installation Review from Smithtown, New York

Update by user Dec 05, 2016

This issue will never be resolved. This complaint regarding Owner Dave Martinez of Empire Tile Inc.is for your information and all of the customers of Pissed Customer!! Dave Martinez refuses to install a new floor and I disagree with him so THIS COMPLAINT WILL NEVER BE RESOLVED.

Update by user Nov 17, 2016

In addition Empire Tile Inc. is located at 40 Shelby Rd, East Northport, NY 11731. Not Smithtown NY like it states in the top of this comment under company address.

Update by user Nov 17, 2016

Dave Martinez of Empire Tile was supposed to come to my on 11/14/2016 at 5:30 PM. My wife was attempting to contact him all day.

When she finally spoke to him he said he couldn't make it to my home at 5:30 PM and would have to come much later in the night. So my wife called him and left a message to cancel the appointment. He didn't respond so my wife had to keep contacting to make sure he got the message. He finally responded when my wife left an assertive message to call her back.

This issue will never be resolved. When my wife questioned him on why the floor tile makes a noise when you step on it he said that it's normal because wood floors do the same thing. My wife told him that our ceramic tile in both bathrooms and the foyer which were installed before this kitchen floor never make a sound. He didn't have an answer.

Yes he states we have a lifetime warranty but it's only verbal and not in writing. He rarely answers the phone. He is fully aware that the floor should not have been installed on that high humidity thunderstorm day. This is one of the reasons why he fired his worker Charlie who installed the floor.

He knows a new floor should have been reinstalled a long time ago because of their mistake. So now we are stuck with an expensive tile floor that makes a noise when you step on it. In closing, I would never have a tile floor installed by Owner Dave Martinez of Empire Tile Inc. There are plenty of tile floor installers.

Do some extensive research and pick one. Empire tile was recommended to me by cancos tile in East Northport.

This where I bought the tile. I should have never listened to them and did my own research.

Update by user Nov 06, 2016

Dave Martinez of Empire Tile Inc. came to my home and checked the floor.

He stated we still have a life time warranty and that he's coming back to re grout part of the floor. He also stated if i sell my home he will give the new owners the same life time warranty. There was a communication problem because my wife was calling Dave's cell phone # which he doesn't answer. that much.

He mostly answer's his work phone#. If he comes over next week and does the job correctly then I will mark this review as resolved because he stated we still have a lifetime warranty.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2016
Several years ago I hired Empire Tile Inc. 40 Shelby Rd, East North install Italian Porcelain Tile in my kitchen. The installers did a terrible job mainly because they installed it during a thunderstorm and high humidity result in the tiles not setting to the floor properly. The whole floor should have been reinstalled. Owner Dave Martinez said that he would give us a lifetime warranty. He said he would repair and reinstall any tile that comes loose in the future. He knew that this was going to be a life long problem but didn't reinstall a new floor. He only came over once to reinstall loose tiles. i have been trying to call him again but he refuses to answer the phone and return my wife's messages. I'm going to report him to the BBB. Stay away from this company because they don't stand behind their work!!
ID
Smithtown, New York
Service
Empire Tile Tile Installation
Cons
  • How the the italian tile porcelain was installed
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article