John Eyy
map-marker Tallahassee, Florida

Emo architects inc

This was my worst experience with a professional firm ever. The architect over billed, provided services that were unnecessary and billed for them, would not listen to my needs and requirements, and conducted themselves in a very unprofessional and condescending manner, and provided an extremely poor work product. After wasting my time with them I asked their past clients of their experiences. Turns out Mr. Emo has the worst reputation in the area. This firm cannot be trusted - I would pass on them. Their afilliated construction company "arc masterbuilders" is the same group operating under a different name, but with the same issues.
Guest

I've heard the same things about that organization.

caveat venditor.

Guest

I understand that he was invited to resign from the Florida Board of Architecture in 2013. He is no longer a member.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-774979

That is a factual statement, sir.

Guest

His landscaping issues you referred to in Apalachicola are nothing compared to what he does to a building. Landscape replacement is cheap.... Buildings are a different story

Guest

Their house was on the Appicachicola Historic Home tour. They touted the recent driveway and landscaping as adding curb appeal.

It was a very boring, uninspiring installation.

Many plants we positioned, without regard to size, and light requirements. Typical of commercial installations, which is a very negative direction.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-476155

He is not a designer. that's for sure. More like a used car salesman.

BEWARE!!!!

Since they have ruined their own reputation, they have had to change their name to "EMO Companies" in order to try and get work.

SS....DD

Guest

We did release them - only after they wasted our A/E fees for the project. Only regret is that we waited as long as we did.

Guest

We had Emo provide "Master Planning" services for us a few years back. They Provided worthless products after tens of thousands in fees. Should have released them from their contract when we had the opportunity...now we are back where we started.

Guest

Got a proposal for design build from Emo about a year or so ago. Met with him and he seemed pretty shady, so I passed.

Glad I followed my instincts. Heard even more bad things about them than listed here.

View more comments (14)

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Buy a Manufactured Home without Problems? Interview with L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach (Part 2)

Aug 28, 2020

How to buy a manufactures home? Tony Kovach, an industry expert, gives tips on how to choose and buy a manufactured house, pros and cons, and red flags to consider before purchasing.

Read full article
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach

Tony Kovach is an MHProNews publisher and one of the key experts in the Manufactured Homes Industry with over 25 years of experience. He shares the latest industry insights and tips.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article