Irresponsible property manager

Linda Emiroglu was the property manager of the town home we previously rented. She was irresponsible. Right after I moved into the town home, I reported to her that the thermostat was not working properly. She told me to wait because it was not "lift threaten". For almost two years she never arranged repair. Last winter at the coldest day the thermostat stopped working. I called her, she ordered repair, and then returned to me and asked me to pay for the $150 repair fee. I refused and told her it was her responsibility to repair. Later on I terminated the lease. She held $150 from my security deposit the thermostat repair fee. More over, she denied the fact that she charged me an $50 additional security deposit at the beginning of the second year of the lease term. I am totally pissed.

In response to this former tenants 2nd comment, if we make a mistake, we correct it and admit our mistake. That's what good business do.

Good business practice should be, in the event of a dispute with a vendor, you first try to resolve that dispute with the vendor. However, in the age of the internet, individuals feel they can defame a vendor online with no consequence.

This post is inaccurate. During subzero winter months, the tenant would turn off the Thermostat while they were away from the home and put it back on when they returned (information they provided us and the vendor doing repairs). In subfreezing conditions, this is not recommended practice. The thermostat was damaged and pipes froze due to the action of the tenant and they were made to pay for their actions.

EM, acting on behalf of their client terminated a lease.

It is unfortunate that acting on behalf of our client, the landlord, the tenant remained dissatisfied with our actions. We certainly only wish them the very best.

Linda contacted me this morning said they've mailed the $50 check to me. But no words on the thermostat repair fee.

View more comments (2)
ID
Herndon, Virginia
Loss

Emiroglu Management Service Not Reliable

Our HOA had hired Emiroglu Management Service of Leesburg, VA to handle financial bookkeeping and also Resale Packages with architectural code inspections. They ended up not performing inspections and then terminating with us after only 4 months. While their price was the lowest, we soon learned that you get what you pay for. We are now struggling with resident complaints over getting charged $100+ for having a few documents mailed to them by Emiroglu. I think their modus operandi is to get in at a low contract price and then to try to up the price over every little item.

Emiroglu refused to use an accounting spreadsheet that was familiar to our community. Their reporting products were difficult to read and included violation penalty errors.

They had no community management credentials outside of their one employee with an MBA degree. In our case, it just didn't help.

During their short stint with our HOA, Emiroglu made several mass mail billing errors throughout our community. Additionally they tacked on late pay penalty fees that were never approved by the board.

This has caused a problem with a pending legal action as the due process was now screwed up over the improper billing. Also, Emiroglu had promised to do a pre and post inspection on each resale request, but then did not. The so called professional pitch our board originally received from Linda Emirolgu and her supposed experienced did not match her lack of professionalism in these instances.

She had claimed to have an MBA and that property management credentials were not necessary. However, we learned that she eventually joined CAI and was in the process of trying for a credential.

Can you elaborate on this.

View more comments (2)
ID
Monrovia, Maryland

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article