Ripped of by the dealership in Geneva

We bought KIA Picanto 2015 in February 2015 and we are very happy with the car. The manufacturer guarantee if 7 years, the car was brand new and we had nothing to complain about at the moment. The salesman told us that we need to came for the annual maintenance in order to keep the manufacturer guarantee. Maintenance means the change of oil and tires rotation. First of all it took them almost all day to do that and to get the replacement car you need to pay much more than just to get a rented car. When I came to get my car I was handed a receipt of 457 CHF which is about $500. I couldn't believe my eyes. The technician said that in order to keep the manufacturer guarantee we need to bring the car for the maintenance exactly the same day every year. One day earlier or later will mean that the manufacturer cancels the guarantee. He also said that this type of condition is valid for KIA cars only as all the rest manufacturers like TOYOTA, Nissan, just anybody else will do the maintenance for free, they will provide the free replacement car and there is no fixed date for the maintenance. So I just want to warn people who want to buy KIA. You will have to pay exactly 25 times more for the very same service at the KIA dealership than you would pay at any service station in the US just for oil change and tires rotation. If you miss the maintenance date you will lose the manufacturer guarantee. Forewarned is forearmed.
ID
Geneve, Geneva
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article