David C Ikx

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

They installed a replacement lock that doesn't work properly and won't fix it or even get back to me.

Emerald Locksmith Minneapolis - They installed a replacement lock that doesn't work properly and...
I think these guys are crooks. They either installed a defective product or didn't properly the lock. They won't get back to me to resolve the problem.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: NEVER hire Emerald Locksmith

Leah L Uha

Verified Reviewer

This locksmith company broke our car then left it like that.

Emerald Locksmith Minneapolis - This locksmith company broke our car then left it like that.
Emerald Locksmith Minneapolis - This locksmith company broke our car then left it like... - Image 2
Original review May 02, 2021

Hired Emerald Locksmith LLC out of Minneapolis for a replacement key for my car. The Technician came out to the house, took an hour and a half to do the programming but when he turned the key the engine turned over but would not fire.

Turns out the technician was unaware of the specific steps this particular make and model of car requires to program a replacement key with a transponder and this neglect ended up frying the ECU (computer) for the car. The company refunded the money I initially paid but now the car is unusable and has been ever since they connected their equipment to my cars computer on November 5th, 2020. The mechanics at the local Mitsubishi dealership say its a minimum $1,600.00 repair.

Emerald Locksmith, LLC company has been very unprofessional including continually hanging up on me when I call them. It seems they have no intention of standing by their work.

Preferred solution: Pay for the repair costs and relating costs to have the cars computer replaced.

User's recommendation: Do not use Emerald Locksmith, LLC located in Minneapolis, MN

Guest

As a locksmith from another company, I have to stand up for Emerald here, and against the Dealership in this case. As soon as you said Mitsubishi, I immediately call red flag.

Any new, or even seasoned locksmith can run into this issue with the Mitsubishi. Basically, they have to know a trick, which is a trade secret, but I'll happily share it with there technician, next time I run into him. It's a simple trick to finish programming that locksmiths generally keep a secret. I really hope you were not foolish enough to take this to the Dealership before getting a second opinion.

Dealership is ALWAYS last resort. Always, always, 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion before going to the dealership.

They're kids in adult bodies who rarely have the same real world experience as hardworking emergency locksmiths and mechanics who work on cars from every year and model, and come to you when you are down and out, SAME DAY. I'm sorry Emerald had this experience with such an ungrateful foolish customer.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article