Radon Pipe Leak Caused Damage

POOR INSTALLATION OF A RADON PIPE CAUSED EXTENSIVE WATER DAMAGE AND THEN THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE FIX. Two plumbing/basement seal companies confirmed the water came from the radon pipe. There was NO water anywhere other than the closet in which the radon pipe is located. At installation, I heard water running through the pipe and asked the Elliot installer about it. He told me it was normal drainage. By the way, Elliot chose where to install the pipe. After the leak, a different Elliot employee was surprised to hear the water and told me that should not be happening. After he adjusted for the water level and resealed the suction point, no more water was running through the pipe. Since costly and irreplaceable items like my mother's wedding dress were destroyed and I have to hire a mold mitigation service to remove everything ruined by the water and treat the area, I never imagined they would send me a bill, which they did for $350. When I questioned the owner about this, he contradicted everything his two employees told me. The water only came from the radon pipe and the fix stopped the water flowing through the pipe. Now I know why the contract is 14 pages long with extensive warranty exclusions. Don't hire Elliot & Associates unless you want a company where every employee tells you a different story and the radon pipe will leak and destroy your things. I paid their bill because I'm an honorable person. Interesting to note that on the invoice it says "If payment is not received within one week of completion, a late fee of $20.00 per month will be added to the total." Sounds like this is a company that has trouble collecting from customers. Gee, I wonder why?
ID
Oak Brook, Illinois
Service
Elliott And Associates Of Willowbrook Radon Mitigation System Installation
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article