Elite Destinations: Unresponsive to Customer Complaints, and has subcontractors not following policy

I booked a vacation home and everything seemed good. Once at the home which was in the Carribbean, things were pretty nice but we had some complaints: air wasn't working in the fitness room, dead animal near pool, difficulty with working televisions and sound system, broken chair at desk, and remote to gate stopped working. Initially we were told we would be able to monitor ac usage because there was a charge for usage over $150. No one ever showed us the meter, nor had us sign off on what the meter read upon our arrival. After we returned home, the third party who handled our reception on arrival indicated we had use over $600 in a/c. This was particularly shocking because we were out a lot, and hardly burned the a/c at all. The complaints I had about various problems seem to fall on deaf ears. $600 for a/c for 7 days seems exhorbitant even at a much higher rate than what we are accustomed to in the US. They wanted me to charge the additional amount on my cc to a fourth party. I refused and indicated I could send a cashier's check to the first party who I originally booked with. After a while they got back to me and said I couldn't do that without paying a $50 processing fee. Needless to say I told them there was no way I was going to do that. They finally agreed to take the check without the fee. I feel as if I was ripped off, and after Elite got the money they really didn't care what type service we got from the third party. I have rented many homes before and never had a problem. This company could care less about customer service.
ID
Union, New Jersey
Cons
  • Customer services post contract
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article