Worst Credit Union in Michigan

I had a personal account, business account, and a personal loan with ELGA credit union. I closed my accounts when ELGA decided to take money from my Michigan corporation account to pay on my personal loan. After a lot of back and forth, and my explaining to them how this was illegal, they finally credited my account back. Shortly thereafter I closed my accounts. It has been months since I closed my accounts, and I have never received anything from them until a few days ago saying that my personal account was negative $3.00. I have no idea how that is even possible because for one, I closed my accounts, and two, I have not made any transactions on those closed accounts. Then on September 9th while in the middle of getting a loan on my home, I get a notification that I have a negative entry on my credit report from ELGA. I have no other negative marks on my credit reports, and this made my scores drop from the 700's to the high 500's. They have been no help at all, so I have filed complaints with the NCUA, Michigan DIFS, the CFPB, the BBB, the MI AG and the list goes on.
ID
Burton, Michigan
Product
Elga Credit Union Business Checking Account
Cons
  • Violations of the fcra
  • Inaccurate credit reporting
  • Failure to follow tila
Reason of review
Credit Reporting
Loss
Preferred solution
Deletion of the Trade-Line

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article