On July 1, 2020, we contacted Generac Generator looking for a dealer to come to our home and give us information about a Generac, the first persons number they gave us we called and asked him if he could come out, he was unwilling to do so, as he had been out about 3-4 years ago and he knew what we needed and all he needed to do was give us the price of the Generator. This is not what we wanted to do, so we called Generac a second time to get someone else. They gave us Dale Calhoun of Eco Power Systems, LLC. Hurst, TX. We contacted him, made an appointment with him. He came out talked to us about the size of the Generator we wanted, we said one for the whole house, he suggested a 22kw would be the best one for us. Then we went outside to locate where the generator could be placed. We did not know at the time about the placement of the generator we left that up to Dale. The site was to be place directly between the kitchen window, vent under the eave of the house at the garage and our shed, (the site as we found out later was absolutely the wrong site.) Dale did not tell us of all the things we needed to do before or after installing the Generator. (We needed a permit from the city, needed the site inspected etc.) Generacs website did not have this information either. We found all of this out later when we received the manual, which was after the generator was installed. We did not get the generator we ordered and paid for, by credit card, we have a 16kw and was told that this one cost the same as the 22kw, because the 22kw had problems and 16kw took its place, he was paid the full amount for the generator and parts. July 23rd when the Generac Generator was tested the smell of the fumes and combustion sent my wife running into the house because the fumes were too much for her. On 7- 28 my wife had to go to the ER because of her heart, I took her and could not go in with her, our daughter came later and I went home to find the generator was on, I called Dale to find out why it was on he told me maybe it was running a test. I found out from the neighbors that the utility company had turned off the lights, so that workers could cut tree limbs from the electrical wires therefore the generator came on. My daughter, son-in-law and wife came in the house from the hospital, and they immediately complained of the smell of gas from the garage to the entire house, I immediately called Dale to have the gas line checked out for a gas leak. It was not a gas leak but carbon monoxide from the fumes of the generator. The smell was overwhelming to everyone, my wife had to leave the house because of the smell. This happened because the generator was not correctly placed. It is too close to the house and does not have any ventilation. After calling Generac in Wisconsin we found out Dale is not an authorized Dealer in Hurst, TX. Generac gave us the impression that they were going to do something to help us out, but they refused very harshly. Now we are left with paying for the movement of the generator to a site away from structures, this is a must. Joe C. style="
User's recommendation: What ever you do carefully check out this company before you do business with them.