Verified Reviewer

Processed dmv charges on a fake dmv website

You processed 222.00 from my social secuirty retirement account, got the money. The company that you processed it for is a fake cal. dmv website, it states dmv Int., you people are well aware that there have been problems with hacking of information and phony dmv websites, law enforcement has warned you, you are suposed to have security measures in place to recognize this. as a result, I owe the dmv over 339.00 for my vehicle and I am driving illegally in an unregistered vehicle. In february, you processee 129.00 for my mothers vehicle, from the same fake sight, we now have to pay late fees on that vehicle and it is not registered. Earlier this same year, you processed my other vehicle via the actual dmv sight. You know this was the correct sight, no problem, which leads anyone to believe that you know the difference. I called and got some rude lady who would share no info. Nothing, at all. Obviously she knows about this and your firm does. I want a call to me with a nubmer of a person in investigations. I know if you ghave to give the money back, it is less money for you, so you are not interested. I am snap shotting this and it will be filed with the atlanta attorney generals office, California as well, the fcc, U.S. postal, and the Secret Service knows of this practice already. The Cal Attorney General, where my childhood friend works for the last forty years as a deputy, The lapd elder abuse detail. I want the legal department number or have someone call me, I want my 222.00 back, I only get 793.00 a month and cannot afford to pay any more money and should not have to . yOu are ripping off a senior citizen, what is wrong with you people. ? I want my mothers money back as well. My contention, you know about these fraudulant sites, were warned, we know that, by federal law enforcement, you know not to honor fake sites, you did it anyway, And more
ID
#2087805 Review #2087805 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Canoga Park, California
Full refund

Elavon is by far not only the worst Merchant service company, but probably the most dishonest and unethical company currently operating on planet earth. They said whatever they needed to pull our business from our former merchant provider of 7 years. Within our first 3 months, they processed $1.3m which is our standard. Then without warning their Risk team decided to hold our funds without provocation or reason for the past 3 weeks holding over $70k and let us know unless we provided a $700,000 Line of Credit our account would be canceled?!? NO Warning, NO ability to other options, nothing—and we’ve never had a chargeback or return in 7 years. No chargebacks, no fraud, no reason whatsoever to warrant this action. They would only respond after multiple follow ups, only agreed to release funds after multiple follow ups and incorporating attorney involvement. They lost a client for no reason and we’ll certainly do all we can to warn others to not get blindsided by this corrupt company. Costco should be ashamed this is their preferred partner.

I too was scammed by these people. I don't have time to give a lot of detail so I'll just say this.

I've used 3 different C.C. processors in the last 17 years I've owned my own business and these guys from Elavon seemed like crooks. They held a month worth of funds and never did give a legitimate reason. Evidently their employees can just put a hold on anyone, anytime they feel like it.

BTW , I've never had a chargeback ! My advise, do not use this company.

Service
Elavon Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Short Review on June 21, 2016

Total garbage. Scammers.
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Horrible business practices through ladco leasing

We have a small business that requires the use of credit card machines. At first the rep for Elavon made everything "seem" like a deal you couldn't refuse & so far it has proven to be nothing but lies.headaches,& major frustration.We were mislead when we signed up with merchant services as well as Elavon,who turn out to be the same company.The rep didn't properly explain very important terms or the fact that it's more then one hand in the cookie jar so to speak & money was coming out of the bank account by many for the same service with no explanation to the "fees" they charged us.After being transferred many times and sitting on hold then being hung up on then calling again just to get ridiculous excuses I was extremely disappointed .They couldn't explain why the fees were different then what we were told & length of contract which we weren't able to have a copy of after the rep stated he would bring us a copy then email one which 3 months later we still haven't received or why they overcharged us and even agreed that the amount was wrong but found every reason not to correct it.Then proceed to disclose that we are stuck in it for 45 more months after being told it was a year contract...Point is Users take caution these are horrible companies to deal with and obviously customers aren't their number one priority or the way they do business doesn't seem to matter to them as long as it's to their advantage.It's pathetic because without the customers they wouldn't be in business so why rip people off & do them dirty when it's people like all of us who got them where they are now..kind of like biting the hand that feeds you,don't you think?
#1220467

send email to Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)l

Info@***c-acfc.gc.ca

as code of conduct law if the processor change any fee or charges you can cancel lease as well as contract with them without paying cancellation fees.

Also send mail to Taylor.Dietz@***.com with all scan copies of agreement.Elavon has send notice to change increase their assessment fee in October 2016.Use this opportunity. You may get lucky but check with government first.Go for any bank like RBC or TD. they may charge little more but better,

Reason of review
misleading crooks
Let the company propose a solution

Read the fine print and don't trust their phone reps!

Read the fine print and be skeptical about anything they tell you over the phone! They're all friendly and helpful on the phone, but beware that they're not necessarily honest with you. I asked the sales rep a straight up question, "This set of fees that you've discussed with me, is this the complete list, or are there other fees not mentioned here?" She assured me it was a complete list. She was lying. She didn't tell me about the $199 non refundable setup fee. It was mentioned in the application, but set well apart from the other fees so you don't necessarily notice it before signing and returning. It's not just one sales rep, it's the whole company. You just can't tell when they're withholding information from you or otherwise misleading you on the phone. About 3 weeks later, when I noticed the $199 extra charge, I spoke with a customer rep. He told me I could cancel the service, but whether I get any part of the surprise $199 refunded would depend on whether the original sales rep wanted to split her commission with me. (She didn't, so no refund, not even a partial refund). In other words, the company stands behind the sales reps and gives them financial incentive to mislead their prospective customers. Even if I'd cancelled the service, the sly sales rep would still keep her full commission, so what incentive does she or any of them have to honestly represent the terms?
Pacific Grove, California
Loss

Ladco Leasing aka Elavon says contract is irrevocable. $42.02 to "lease software"

Count me among the pissed-off masses of Elavon/Ladco Leasing and their unbridled greed. I never got a copy of what I signed, not from the sales rep, nor from Elavon despite 3 requests. Ladco said there would be a $5 fee. They have been billing my account $42.02 every month for so-called "software." I asked about buy-out and they quoted me some $1300 or $1500. The software that I am "leasing" seems to be something I don't need. Even so, there are so-called "better" plans available thru Costco Merchant Services. There is also a QuickBooks plug-in available for $76.00. I found an Elavon payment gateway for $50 online. Their "premium"software known as ViaWARP can be purchased for $200. This is one big gigantic ugly humongous rip-off. I'm now trying to get out of this *** mess and will fight it. Sign me up for any class-action lawsuits out there.

Ladco refused to let me out of a contract when after getting the equipment, our phone signal was not strong enough to swap data, and the terminal was of no use to me. Upon calling the company, I was basically told tough ***, you signed the lease and there is no where out.

I have been paying the $60+ a month for four years with out being able to get out. The check book got whacked every month until I closed the account last month. Now they're threatening me with credit score damage. nobody wants to even understand my plight.

I am sending them $5 per month. Have they figured that the $5. won't come close to all the postage and handling over the period. Class action-*** Yes!!!

After reading here, I know that I am not alone. :(

#208651

Elevon merchant services has been a NIGHTMARE to say the least! They said I owed them %00 and even reported me to credit bureaus, later sending an apology letter.

Getting out of their merchant agreement is still a NIGHTMARE no matter how many years you have been with this company.

Ask them to send you PROOF that you even signed an agreement and they won't do it. Stay away from them!

View more comments (1)
ID
#192127 Review #192127 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Greensboro, North Carolina

Elevon and Ladco Leasing will HURT YOU

Looking for credit card processing and merchent services? STOP....do not even waste your time contacting Elevon or Ladco Leasing unless you're just a glutton for punishment....and I do mean punishment. When I started by little business I was ignorant and didn't take the time to do my homework so I allowed myself to get roped into a deal with these two and one of them contains a 4 year contract for the "lease" of a portable credit card machine. They will NOT let me out of the lease...only way out is to pay in full. My effective rate on my internet shopping cart is 7-9% so this would be like giving them $7,000 on $100K worth of sales for doing not much of anything. Trust me...go somewhere else.

Elavon withheld without notice, $119, 656 in customer receipts from our merchant services collections claiming it to be for a security reserve.

Elavon never provided terms under which a security reserve would be held, under what circumstances the security reserve would be released.

Our company complied with each request for additional information, for 3rd party financials as well as having providing a detailed and accurate forecast of anticipated monthly processing amounts. Our company disclosed fully and completely upon contract with Elavon what those services were. Our company complied completely with each verbal request by Elavon Services in an effort to liquidate client receipts. Those client receipts have never been received by our company, and are owed to our suppliers for services rendered or to clients whose services were subsequently canceled due to the funds being held in reserve.

Elavon has not made these funds available today for client refunds, nor have they made the merchant reserve available for client chargebacks.

We have engaged legal council regarding release of the reserve.

Elavon still refuses to release the funds nor allow access to those funds for the purpose of repaying clients for canceled services or chargebacks.

Client whose services were canceled are co-mingled with clients whose services were not canceled; and whose products and services have long since been delivered.

Our complaint is that Elavon is today, did withhold client receipts without cause as our firm transacted business within the disclosed terms and specifications to Elavon.

And that Elavon is now defrauding our company and our clients of their refunds and holding a merchant reserve without the responsibility of releasing them for the intended use and purpose of those funds; nor is it releasing funds for which services have been satisfactorily rendered.

Knoxville, Tennessee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article