Rented Home From Elan Vacations, The A/C Broke, Elan Vacations Won't Do Anything

Update by user Sep 02, 2016

My issue has not been resolved, but I did find out that Elan Vacations continued to rent the house even with all the problems it has.

Original review posted by user Aug 03, 2016
I rented the Whalehead Summit located at address 988 Corolla Drive, Corolla, NC 27927 from Elan Vacations. I paid a total of $4782.00 to rent the home for a week. My family stayed at this home from 06/25/2016 to 07/02/2016. Upon arrival at this home, the house was a mess. It was barely cleaned, dirt all over the floors, counters not cleaned properly, and one member of my family even found candy wrappers in a bed! When going outside, we noticed the pool wasn’t cleaned and in fact had sand all over it. We started cleaning the house ourselves since we didn’t want to stay in such filth, I called them and left a message, but the phone call was never returned. We shortly after that realized the hot tub was not functioning, I called and actually got someone on the phone who sent someone out to repair the hot tub. They had no comment about the call I made earlier about how dirty the home was when we arrived, but they did send someone out to clean the pool. On 6/28/2016, family sleeping on the bottom floor of the house woke up to a leak coming from the ceiling. We noticed at this time the second floor of the home was extremely warm. I called Elan Vacations and they sent someone out who looked at it, and said he couldn’t fix it and we would need to wait for an Air Conditioning company. We waited for someone to come out, who worked on the unit for most of the day. He said there was no way to fix the leak coming from the ceiling, and that we would just have to deal with the leak or leave the A/C off. He recharged the system and left, but not before he cut *** in the wall looking for the leak. I couldn’t have family sleeping in a room that had leaking water, so unfortunately everyone had to move to the top floor of the home. We had to stay on this top floor for three days, never hearing from Elan Vacations about what was happening or what we should be doing. I followed up and never received a call back from a manager even though I asked. So basically I paid $4782.00 to rent the top floor of a house, the vacation was essentially ruined, and now Elan Vacations will do nothing other than offer me 10% off a future home rental. The Whalehead Summit located at address 988 Corolla Drive, Corolla, NC 27927 had broken deck chairs that people fell through, multiple bee’s nest on the deck which resulted in two people being stung, was extremely dirty, had broken appliances such as the upstairs microwave, and overall was not a home I would be happy spending $2000 for a week. It was overall a terrible experience. I spoke to Dawn Tillet when we returned the keys to the home and told her all of the issues I had with the home. She assured me that they would make things right. Since then I have had to email her multiple times to try and sort things out, they haven’t done anything other than offer me 10% off a future reservation.
ID
Homosassa, Florida
Service
Elan Vacations House Rental
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article