They cancelled my order with a pathetic excuse

I rang before I placed my online order to make sure I would get my delivery as I live in Northern Ireland. I was ensured they would try to send my order on time. The following day after my payment had gone through I received an email saying they've cancelled my order. When I called them to query why my order was cancelled I was told by some child like person that they had to cancel because my fresh and frozen products would leak water and blood out the packaging and it was too much of a hassle for the courier service they used to deliver. The child like individual told me I can order dry foods without worry because there wouldn't be any leakage worries. I mean what the *** Like other companies don't depiver products because of fear of seepage? I order from Tariq Halal Butchers in London, and they pack all my fresh and frozen foods with extra ice just so the quality of the foods I ordered is not compromised in any way and this lot give me the pathetic excuse of they can't send my irder due do leakage concerns. What's also strange is when I call the business, my smartphone tells me the number I am callling belongs to a company called Al Amin. That alone tells me how desi dodgy this place is. Probably full of freshies who are clueless as to how to run a business properly and keep it's customers happy. This lot are too busy worrying about blood and water seeping out of the packaging!!! Ugh!!! I just wanna punch someone because I'd ordered foods for ramadan and it all got cancelled. I'm so pissed!!!

User's recommendation: If you live in Hyde then you're lucky you can get yur foods without you or the shop worrying about water and blood leaking out. But if you place orders online, then I suggest you order from places like Tariq Halal Butchers in London who are likely to give a *** and send your order without cancelling last minute because they are concerned the fresh and frozen food you've ordered is going to leak outside the packaging! Definitely avoid if you want yur items delivered.

ID
Bangor, Northern Ireland
Pros
  • Talk a good game
Cons
  • Customer is not a priority
Preferred solution
Find better packaging so they can send orders that are much further away from where they are based

Verified Reviewer

Wrong amount sent

eFoods Direct UK - Wrong amount sent
I bought 5 bags of 1.5kg rice off them. (It's January 2022). They only sent 5 x 1kg bags. So I've been undersold 2.5kg rice. Nothing but automatic replies to my emails, which say they'll be in contact within 24hours and they never are. One customer phone number which never answers, just rings out. Can't believe how rubbish efoodsdirect are in their customer service. If they were just honest and said, right, sorry we undersold you by 2.5kg... we'll send you some more out in the post - all would be forgiven. But they clearly don't give a flying duck. Also, I'd ordered Natco flakes, they sent Heera flakes. I'd given up caring by then.

User's recommendation: Avoid EFoods Direct unless you want less than you paid for.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Review