Sad place to be anymore

What started out as a pretty well run gym has now turned into a farce. Do not know if the original investors are still there Carlos/Bob but your name is being tarnished. Downed equipment, signs on equipment you supposedly cant use because a "Trainer" so they call themselves is scheduled to use it. Signage looks like an 8th grader wrote saying "closed room because you cant clean up after yourselves" ? On Saturday when the staff is done using the gym for themselves they shut off 3/4 of the overhead lighting i wonder if they will refund the members the cost of running into things in the dark..lol Sad really this location has or had some great potential but once again left in the hands of people who really don't know the business. Membership cancelled as of last month thankfully..
ID
Portland, Oregon
Service
Edge Training And Fitness Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

PHYSICAL ASSAULT THREATS TO ME IN FRONT OF MANAGEMENT

Since I contacted the owner here, a MR. Ben Wright only moments ago, and he could not really care, I have just decided to post my review here since his facebook for this gym is highly moderated. Today, I went to the gym and proceeded with a work out. An hour into such, I was in a heavy set on a cable machine. A gentleman (I use that term lightly) reached in front of me on the equipment I was using, and grabbed a bar which caused me to falter on my set. Once I said "really?" to the person, him and his brother began physically threatening me in FRONT OF AN EMPLOYEE who is also a manger there by the name of Jennifer Ripples. Jennifer WITNESSED these two approach me, and also witness them stating that they were going to "beat my *** ***" This situation should have been taken care of immediately by Jennifer. The owner, MR. Ben Wright stated the following absurdity "Jennifer was not going to do anything about this because she was 115 pounds, and this involved 3 grown men" Needless to say, this was one of the STUPIDEST statements I have ever heard. 2 vs 1 in a gym setting, and the employee turns her head, and then the owner straight out does not care. The minute those two were WITNESSED approaching me and threatening me, they should have been asked to leave or the police would be called. I have MUCH more information concerning this gym which I won't post here, however, please contact me here, and I'll be happy to help you in things you SHOULD KNOW before entering this facility.!!!! In closing, I can not for the life of me figure out why an owner would try to defend what TWO LARGE individuals were doing to ONE individual. YO BEN, put yourself in my shoes for a second, and see how you'd feel. I'm done driving across town just to deal with the political BS as well as the FLAGARANT FAVORITISM to other Members. UPDATE. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IS A VIOLATION HERE IN REVIEWING YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Your recent review has been marked as a violation, and will be removed. Really now.? Funny how you copy and paste the same generic answer on FB. This can be found here: facebook.com/edgeptf/rev… Or, shall you be transparent and leave the review? Another update: I was just contacted by the owner BEN WRIGHT from his profile here on yelp, and now, since things aren't going his way, he is threatening me with legal action as well as a restraining order. LOL. Sorry bruh, but threats of civil libel as well as veiled attempts to get me stop posting on public forums is laughable at best! Here is also another little tid bit of information that the "owner" provided me with. ANOTHER co owner here is J.H. which has many years in law enforcement. If this happens to be the case, can you please ask MR. H what the legalities are on threatening someones well being? On another note concerning "co-owners"...There has just been an update the gym concerning a "pro fitness" business here in town. Your own FB states, welcome our new co owner to edge...Just how many "co owners" are there? Is this the way that NOT ONE of you will hold responsibility for a member being physically threatened? Another update. Yes, I know, this person just does not quit. Mr Wright states he is NOT an owner of this facility, and trying to dump truck his responsibility. So, I need confirmation here... Please see here: biggerpockets.com/forums… As well as MANY videos on FB page stating that he is indeed an owner of this facility. Shame on you Mr. Wright for also now taking it a step further and LYING about facts. UPDATE on 12.21 I was told that an "investigation" will be starting today. Here is the problem with that though. I have had words with the general manager at this gym about having to pick up others items. When this did not work after several attempts, I then contacted ELAINE which is supposed to be an owner here. Mr. Blevins SHOULD NOT be doing an investigation about anything when someone has made complaints against him (ME). It has also been stated now that THE OWNERS (which there are several) that they are pretty much dropping this in Mr. Blevins lap. It's amazing to me how many laws concerning commercial leases as well as Health and safety laws are being skirted here!! If a true investigation were to actually happen, it should be accomplished by a 3rd NEUTRAL party. Say a mediator with Marion county ordinance compliance. Needless to say, it looks as if I am going to have to take the true legal steps to finish this correctly. AVOID THIS GYM AT ALL COSTS!!!

I was considering this gym only because it's 24/7.

I only workout between 2am and 4am just to avoid idiots, rude *** and folks hogging the equipment.

I've done this for years and I avoid allot of *** drama and I never have to deal with ***.

I'm the type who will take on any screwball of any size that comes at me, so I avoid trouble doing it this way.

Can you tell me about any other problems you've had with this gym?

Thank you and I hope you shake it up over there. Lol

ID
Keizer, Oregon
Cons
  • Being attacked by two individuals as management looked on
Reason of review
PHYSICAL THREATS
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article