Resolved: Eddie Mercer Automotive - Diesel Truck Review from Florida, United States

Update by user Aug 11, 2015

The staff at Eddie Mercer is making effort to help me resolve my issues with my new truck.

Original review posted by user Jul 24, 2015
So I bought a diesel truck from Eddie Mercer. When I test drove the truck had a check engine light on. I mentioned to the salesman and told him that I would still purchase the truck as long as they would fix the problem causing the light. When we got to the paperwork and the "We owe" form the salesman tried to write they would fix the check engine light and not the cause I corrected him and bought the truck. So this is where the story takes a turn. I called the dealer a couple weeks later to arrange the repairs and leave my truck with them for over a week. I had already scanned the cpu with a Snap-on scanner and gave them the codes. Needless to say they claimed to have repaired the problem and had only reset the cpu. So naturally I got home and the next time I started the truck check engine light came back on. Not to mention the so called repair shop clipped me for about 10 gallons of fuel. Called the salesman and he stated it wasn't uncommon for the repair shop to let diesels idle for 4-5 hours during diagnosis. So anyway after a couple more weeks when it was convenient I tried to arrange the repair once again and got the run around saying they couldn't get a hold of the repair shop and they gave me the mechanics #. I called the mechanic his voicemail was not set up but guess what he had seen the missed call and called me back. He informed me that he could check out my truck but had to make sure that he was gonna get paid. So after he verified it was ok to work on it . I called the salesman because he promised a loaner vehicle while mine was being repaired. He stated that he would call me back in 5 minutes. Well I waited 15 and no returned call . Not even returned by the time I got thereto the dealership 1 hr and 10 minutes later. After raising cain with the manager my truck finally went to the shop. This was on the 8th of July. It is now the 24th of July and still no truck. Just keep getting the run around

I am happy to say that issued got resolved and trying to delete my previous comments but it will not allow me to deleted my previous complaints. I am trying my hardest to remove but there is not a way to do so.... just glad that issue and original complaint got resolved.

The dealership and I have reached a resolution.

So $5200.00 later and my truck is fixed no help from the dealership. Buyer beware.

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM EDDIE MERCER AUTOMOTIVE IN PENSACOLA , FLORIDA. UNLESS YOU LIKE TO THROUGH AWAY YOUR HARDWARE EARNED MONEY!!!

#1019038

Update: Apparently the dealership was not serious about making this right. The dealership had offered 1/5 of the 5k required to fix the truck.

I asked them to at least pick up 1/3 and they refused. So we are back at square one. Remember that "if you don't go see em' they can't save you any money." Last time I checked 25k for a 20k truck was not a good deal.

I will NEVER recommend Eddie Mercer Automotive to anyone. The only thing they are good at is bad deals and empty promises.

View more comments (3)
Resolved
ID
Florida, United States
Cons
  • These guys are crooks
Reason of review
Bad quality

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing 98 Mercedes Benz

Purchased a Beautiful 98 Mercedes Benz from a Shister. Cars repair bill are about $700, with a potential of $1,500 more needed. Dealership tried to help, but FAILED miserably. Repairs done had to be redone by another repair shop. Sales Manager had given his word that he would replace bad Key Fob. Well, next time get it in writing. He has rescinded his offer, and cant be talked too. He believes I'm making things up. Car was checked by Mercedes Benz dealer, and another import repair shop. Both say the opposite of Eddie (S) Mercer sales manager. Car needs repairs!
ID
Pensacola, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article