Cost of Service in America

What are you thinkin? I drove into Ed Schmidt (Perrysburg, Ohio) auto dealer for just an oil change and first was told I needed an appointment. With the price of gas I decided I'd find another dealer and was told by tech he would "work me in". When I went to pay for it I found the bill to be $85.64 with a ten dollar discount (big deal). My oil changes in Michigan cost me $25.00-so what gives? I want to know why I need "synthetic". In reading my pamplet I see my next service will be $169. and topping it off at $40,000 at over $400. (probably over $500 by the time I get there...the Ford dealer will charge me $25.00-so what is your story here...scam, rip-off, ignorance?

When you checked your owners manual, did it say you should be using synthetic oil?? And what type of car do you drive?

Did you get a tire rotation too??

Did they change an oil filter or maybe an air filter? When you are comparing oil changes you really need to know what you are getting for your money.

if you do your oil changes yourself...its FREE :zzz

View more comments (1)
ID
#120054 Review #120054 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Indianapolis, Indiana

About

Summary

Ed Schmidt is a dealership company which was founded by Ed Schmidt, his brother, Carl Schmidt, and their father. They acquired the Pontiac franchise and opened its door in Pemberville, Ohio in 1937. At that time the car dealership was ran in the local blacksmiths shop. The family moved Pontiac from Pemberville to Perrysburg, where it remains today. Chevrolet came into our family in 1939. After the Second World War Carl ran the Chevrolet dealership and Ed ran the Pontiac dealership. Today Ed Schmidt dealership offers Volkswagen, GMC, Volvo in Perrysburg, Ohio. The company provides new used Volkswagen, GMC, Volvo cars, trucks and SUVs to all of the neighbors in Akron, Toledo, Monclova, Ottawa Hills, Fremont, and Oak Harbor. Expert Service Parts departments of the company assist its Ohio customers keep their Volkswagen, GMC, Volvo vehicles in shape.

Ed Schmidt reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article