Ecostravel horrible tourist agency

My fiance and I went to Ecuador on vacation last June and we hired Ecostravel services to go to Otavalo and other areas for a day. To start they charge a lot of money and the service was really disappointing. They send the 'guide' over an hour later when I specifically asked them to send him earlier. They send a taxi, which was not comfortable like a tourism vehicle should be for long hours drive and the guide really wasn't a guide but a taxi driver that spoke a bad English. Since his English was limited then he couldn't explain too much about the different places. Every time he dropped us off to a touristic place instead of coming with us to help us with the picture he stayed in the car sleeping. My biggest concern is that we were not able to get to our final destination because he we arrived late. He first said he didn't know what time the place closed that the entrance sign was new but when we asked the guardian at the Cuicocha attraction he mentioned that sign with the schedules was there for over a year. So, we left disappointed and upset without getting to see 'Lago Cuicocha' one of the most important attractions of the area. Ecostravel or Cotopaxi Tours as it has two names does not have competent guides and they don't care of giving a good service but instead they want to charge a lot of money for it.
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article